Federal Direct Grad PLUS Loan
The Direct Grad PLUS Loan is offered to graduate and professional students enrolled at least half time in a Graduate/Professional program of study at Grand Canyon University. PLUS loans differ from other Federal and Perkins Loans in that it can cover a larger amount of costs and are credit based.
All new students at Grand Canyon University are required to complete an entrance counseling session before loan funds can be disbursed. All graduate students at Grand Canyon University who are interested in taking out a Grad Plus loan must complete a Direct Grad Plus Loan Master Promissory note and will be required to do so before loan funds can be disbursed.
Follow these steps to complete the process:
Access this link for both Entrance Counseling and completion of the Grad Plus Master Promissory Note: studentloans.gov
Sign in/Create your account - you will need your social security number and your Department of Education PIN number. If you do not have a PIN or have forgotten it, the site will assist you in obtaining/recovering the PIN number. This is the same PIN number used to electronically sign your FAFSA.
- Click on "Complete Entrance Counseling" link under Counseling section
- Select Graduate Student
- Select Arizona, Grand Canyon University for School and Loan information
- Complete the Quiz
Master Promissory Note
- Click on Complete MPN link
- Select the type of loan you are requesting
- Complete the application, selecting Arizona, Grand Canyon University for school information
- Electronically sign the application
Results of both the entrance counseling and master promissory note will be sent directly to Grand Canyon University.