All students are required to complete their federal Title IV loan application using the Department of Education as their lender. Loans made through the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan program are referred to as Direct Loans.
All new students at Grand Canyon University are required to complete an entrance counseling session before loan funds can be disbursed. All students at Grand Canyon University who have not completed a Direct Loan Master Promissory note will be required to do so before loan funds can be disbursed.
Follow these steps to complete the process:
Access this link for both Entrance Counseling and completion of the Master Promissory Note: studentloans.gov
Sign in/Create your account - you will need your social security number and your Department of Education PIN number. If you do not have a PIN or have forgotten it, the site will assist you in obtaining/recovering the PIN number. This is the same PIN number used to electronically sign your FAFSA.
- Click on "Complete Entrance Counseling" link under Counseling section
- Select either Undergraduate or Graduate Student
- Select Arizona, Grand Canyon University for School and Loan information
- Complete the Quiz
Master Promissory Note
- Click on Complete MPN link
- Select the type of loan you are requesting
- Complete the application, selecting Arizona, Grand Canyon University for school information
- Electronically sign the application
Results of both the entrance counseling and master promissory note will be sent directly to Grand Canyon University.