WHAT IS A 1098-T?
The 1098-T is an IRS form that students may use when filing taxes. It is not a bill. The activity reported on the 1098-T refers to transactions for tuition charges or adjustments, scholarships, and grants that posted to your student account between Jan. 1, 2014 and Dec. 31, 2014. The form does not reflect payments or loan disbursements. While students may not have attended class during 2014 if a transaction that impacted tuition, scholarships or grants posted to your account during this timeframe, a 1098-T will be generated and mailed.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE IT?
Students will receive their 1098-T no later than Jan. 31, 2015. GCU uses a third party (ECSI) to produce and mail all IRS 1098-T forms. It is sent to all students who had qualified tuition, other related educational expenses, scholarships or grants applied to their account during the previous tax year (2014). The form is mailed to the address listed on the student's official record on their GCU account.
IMPORTANT NOTE: GCU does not offer tax advice. All tax related inquiries should be directed to a qualified tax professional or to the IRS Taxpayer Assistance line at 1-800-829-1040.
WHERE TO FIND 1098-T INFORMATION ONLINE
Students may view and print their 1098-T form online directly from the ECSI website.
- Log on to www.ecsi.net
- Student may also call ECSI at 1-866-428-1098
- Get password by going to Help Logging In
Help Logging In
- Enter student first and last name
- Enter last 4 digits of SSN
- Enter date of birth
- Enter zip code
- Click Submit - your school code and password will be visible on the screen
- Hit the link to go to Log in Screen
- If an error occurs, please call ECSI at 1-866-428-1098
ECSI Log-in Instructions
- Enter GCU school code: Z3
- Enter Account #: Student SSN
- Enter Password: Assigned to student, or obtained from the Help Logging In process.
Accessing Tax Information
- Go to My Account
- Select Tax Information
- Select tax year you wish to view
- Click view
- You may also print your 1098-T from this website.