Immunization Requirements and Recommendations
Measles, Mumps and Rubella Requirements
Acceptable evidence of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) is defined as one of the following:
- Written documentation of two MMR immunizations (the first dose after the first birthday and 28 days or more separating the first and the second dose)
- Laboratory evidence of immunity (titer)
- Born prior to January 1, 1957 (exempt)
- Documentation of physician diagnosed disease(s) (not acceptable for Rubella)
If there is not acceptable evidence of immunity then two doses of MMR, not less than 28 days apart, will be required for admission. The MMR vaccine is not recommended for women who are pregnant or women who anticipate getting pregnant within one month of the vaccine.
HPV vaccine series (for women 26 years old or less)
Hepatitis B vaccine series of three shots
*Recommended for previously unvaccinated college freshmen living in dormitories.
It is also recommended that a TB (tuberculosis) skin test is obtained annually
- Many of these immunizations can be obtained at the Canyon Health and Wellness Center. Call 602-639-6215 for further information.
- Submit immunization records to the Cooke Health and Wellness Center in person, by mail or fax.
Canyon Health and Wellness Center
3300 W Camelback Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85086 (inside Prescott Hall)
It is the student's responsibility to verify with the Health and Wellness Center that appropriate documentation has been submitted.
Information on immunizations based on the Center of Disease Control recommendations.