About GCU’s Lambda Pi Eta Chapter
What is Lambda Pi Eta (LPH)?
LPH represents what Aristotle described in his book, "Rhetoric," as the three ingredients of persuasion: logos (lambda) meaning logic, pathos (pi) relating to emotion and ethos (eta) defined as character credibility and ethics. Lambda Pi Eta is the official honor society of the National Communication Association and follows six goals that exemplify the three ingredients of persuasion. LPH is also an officially recognized National Honor Society. Alpha Beta Sigma is GCU's official chapter name.
What is the mission of Lambda Pi Eta?
- Recognize, foster and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
- Explore options for graduate education in communication studies
- Complete 60 semester credit hours (90 quarter credit hours)
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all courses taken
- Complete the equivalent of 12 semester credit hours (18 quarter credit hours) in communication studies
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.25 for all communication studies courses
- Currently be enrolled as a student in good standing, as determined by the institution's policies
- Rank within the highest 35% of one's class in general scholarship
|Meeting Time and Location|
|Third Wednesday of each month
Location: COE 101
Find Us on Facebook!