GCU CounselorsThe GCU Counselors provide networking opportunities for GCU Counseling students with counseling professionals and fellow counseling students. We seek to build the graduate counseling student with a professional network, leadership skills and acquiring additional clinical information outside the classroom. Guest speakers provide the student with information on a wide variety of subjects based on the requests of club members.
We strive to prepare professional counselors to become effective thinkers, responsible leaders, and global citizens within a nurturing and spiritual environment.
The purpose of this organization is to aid the counseling students at Grand Canyon University and the community by:
1.) Encouraging professional interest in the study of professional counseling, addictions ad substance abuse counseling, and other related behavioral health related fields.
2) Participating in various community events, volunteering and fundraising.
3) Providing support to GCU and its student body by contributing to school/campus activities.
4) Mentoring and supporting current students.
5) Creating relationships with licensed and other community service professionals.
6) Supporting and encouraging communication with the online student and building a strong counseling community.
Meeting Time and Location:
Meetings occir bi-weekly on Monday nights at 6:30 P.M. Meeting location varies however the remainder of 2011 meetings are in COE 208.
Major: M.S. Addictions Counseling
Ellen Roy Day L.P.C./Assistant Professor
For additional information:
Ellen Roy Day @ 602-639-7657 or the Counseling Office of Field Experience @ 602-639-6684