The Dissertation Intensive Writing Retreat was designed to assist learners in continuing the development or revision of their prospectus, proposal (Chapters 1 to 3), or final dissertation.
Who Should Attend
Dissertation learners who want to develop a first draft or a major revision of their Prospectus, Proposal or Dissertation with a focus on writing, research, analysis and quality.
- Move your prospectus, proposal or dissertation significantly forward
- Obtain individualized coaching on writing and research
- Focus on your prospectus, proposal or dissertation in an intensive retreat format
- Access various resources, feedback and assistance in a Just In Time environment
- Attend content sessions related to developing key components of the prospectus, proposal and dissertation
In 2014, we are pleased to offer the Dissertation Intensive Writing Retreats on the dates below. Please contact your Student Services Advisor for more details and to register:
May 20-22, 2014
June 10-12, 2014
July 15-17, 2014
Aug. 12-14, 2014
Oct. 7-9, 2014
Residency starts at 8 a.m. Tuesday and ends at 5 p.m. on Thursday. These retreats will be offered in Phoenix, AZ at:
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
7677 North 16th Street Phoenix, AZ 85020
The Dissertation Intensive Writing Retreat fee is $975.00.
Your retreat fee includes:
- One-on-one coaching from faculty
- Hotel room for three nights (arrival Monday - departure Thursday)
- Wireless Internet access
- The following meals:
- Three breakfasts
- Three lunches
Your retreat fee does not include:
- Costs associated with traveling to and from the retreat location
- Meals not listed above
The Dissertation Intensive Writing Retreat is not required for academic progression and is not eligible for credit towards program completion. It is considered an optional/non-credit course.
To help ensure you have a successful retreat, we suggest you confirm the following as soon as you are registered to attend:
- Airline reservation: plan travel to accommodate retreat from 8 a.m. Tuesday to 5 p.m. Thursday
- Food budget
- Time off (confirm with workplace/employer)
- Family schedule (confirm support systems are in place during time away from home)
- Retreat pre-work completed
- Attire: Business casual (no jeans or shorts)
- Layers of clothing: outside/inside temperatures vary
- Remember to pack a laptop, chargers, power cords and electronic version of textbooks
- Communicate any special needs at least a month prior to arrival to email@example.com.
- Please feel free to email your retreat questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your Student Services Advisor