Doctoral Writing Retreats
The Dissertation Intensive Writing Retreat was designed to assist all doctoral learners in continuing the development or revision of their Prospectus, Proposal (Chapters 1 to 3), or final Dissertation. This Retreat is optional for all learners.
Who Should Attend
Dissertation learners who want to develop a first draft or a major revision of their Prospectus, Proposal or Dissertation with a focus on writing, research, analysis and quality.
- Move your Prospectus, Proposal or Dissertation significantly forward
- Obtain individualized coaching on writing and research
- Focus on your Prospectus, Proposal or Dissertation in an intensive retreat format
- Access various resources, feedback and assistance in a "Just in Time" environment
- Attend content sessions related to developing key components of the Prospectus, Proposal and Dissertation
|April 14-16, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ|
|June 2 - 4, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ|
|June 16 - 18, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ|
|July 7 - 9, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ|
|July 21 - 23, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ|
|Aug. 4 - 6, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ|
Writing Retreats start at 8 a.m. Tuesday and end at 5 p.m. on Thursday. These Retreats will be offered in Phoenix, AZ at:
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
7677 North 16th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85020
The Dissertation Intensive Writing Retreat fee is $950.
Your Retreat fee includes:
- One-on-one coaching from faculty
- Hotel room for three nights (arrival Monday - departure Thursday)
- Wireless Internet access
- The following meals:
- Three breakfasts
- Three lunches
Your Retreat fee does not include:
- Costs associated with traveling to and from the retreat location
- Meals not listed above
The Dissertation Intensive Writing Retreat is not required for academic progression and is not eligible for credit towards program completion. It is considered an optional/non-credit course.
To help ensure you have a successful Retreat, we suggest you confirm the following as soon as you are registered to attend:
- Airline reservation: plan travel to accommodate retreat from 8 a.m. Tuesday to 5 p.m. Thursday
- Food budget
- Time off (confirm with workplace/employer)
- Family schedule (confirm support systems are in place during time away from home)
- Retreat pre-work completed
- Attire: Business casual (no jeans or shorts)
- Layers of clothing: outside/inside temperatures vary
- Remember to pack a laptop, chargers, power cords and electronic version of textbooks
- Communicate any special needs at least a month prior to arrival to email@example.com.
- Please feel free to email your Retreat questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your Student Services Advisor