The College of Doctoral Studies is pleased to offer an optional Residency for Ph.D. learners! This Residency allows learners to complete a 10 Strategic Points/Prospectus document as the foundation for their dissertation research. Emphasis is placed on developing a theoretical framework and study design that is aligned with research questions and hypotheses. Learners will attend general sessions and electives alongside Ed.D. and DBA learners.
Who Should Attend
Doctoral learners who are in PSY-815 (or beyond) and are interested in developing their proposal or dissertation with a focus on writing, research and analysis, and quality.
- Develop essential research skills
- Produce a quality Research Prospectus/Proposal
- Connect, communicate and collaborate with your peers
- Become an independent scholar
In 2014, we are pleased to offer the below residency opportunities. Please contact your Student Services Advisor for more details and to register:
June 9-13, 2014
July 14-18, 2014
Aug. 11-15, 2014
Oct. 6-10, 2014
Registration starts at 3:00pm Monday. Residency starts at 5 p.m. Monday and ends at noon on Friday.
In 2014, Residency will be offered in Phoenix, AZ at:
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
7677 North 16th Street Phoenix, AZ 85020
The Optional Ph.D. Residency fee is $975.00.
Your residency fee includes:
- One-on-one coaching from faculty
- Hotel room for four nights (arrival Monday - departure Friday)
- Wireless Internet access
- The following meals:
- Monday's Evening Welcome Reception
- Four breakfasts
- Three lunches
- Two dinners (note: Tuesday's dinner is provided if you attend the campus visit. If you opt out of the campus tour, dinner is not provided.)
Your residency fee does not include:
- Costs associated with traveling to and from the residency location
- Meals not listed above
The Optional Ph.D. Residency is not required for academic progression and is not eligible for credit. Optional Ph.D. Residencies are not eligible for Financial Aid payment.
To help ensure you have a successful residency, we suggest you confirm the following as soon as you are registered to attend:
- Airline reservation: plan travel to accommodate Residency from 5 p.m. Monday to noon on Friday
- Food budget (consider expenses while en-route, plus budget for dinner on your own Tuesday and Thursday evening)
- Time off (confirm with workplace/employer)
- Family schedule (confirm support systems are in place during time away from home)
- Residency pre-work completed
- Attire: Business casual (no jeans or shorts)
- Layers of clothing: outside/inside temperatures vary
- Remember to pack a laptop, chargers, power cords and electronic version of textbooks
- Communicate any special needs at least a month prior to arrival to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please feel free to email your residency questions to email@example.com or contact your Student Services Advisor