Innovate to Serve: A STEM Solution Grant for Grades 7-12
- $5,000, $2,500 or $1,000 funding opportunities
- Due date for application and W-9 Form: March 6, 2015
Innovate to Serve: A STEM Solution grant through Grand Canyon University (GCU) supports innovative teaching strategies for educators working with grades 7-12. Utilizing grant funds, teachers will lead student teams through Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) initiatives that promote collaboration and real-world application toward making their school, community or the world a better place.
We invite participants from GCU’s Canyon Christian School Consortium (CCSC), Participants in Learning, Leading and Serving (PLLS) and Canyon Educational Participants (CEP) to apply for one of the Innovate to Serve: A STEM Solution grants.
Components and Requirements
- Interaction with Grand Canyon University (GCU) professors and Honors Institute students who will guide teams throughout the process
- School/district must be open to potential visitation from GCU’s College of Education students and representatives
Participate with GCU in the 2016 Arizona SciTech Festival *Please note, participation is for the 2016 Arizona SciTech Festival, NOT 2015
- Project presentation and/or recognition at a GCU-planned event(s)
- Projects must be sustainable beyond a grant’s duration
Open to educators from Arizona schools working with student teams, grades 7-12, from GCU’s Canyon Christian School Consortium (CCSC), Participants in Learning, Leading and Serving (PLLS) and Canyon Educational Participants (CEP).
The following grants will be awarded:
- $5,000 (one)
- $2,500 (two)
- $1,000 (five)
- Due date for online application and W-9 Form: March 6, 2015
- Notification of winners: Week of March 16, 2015
- Project duration: 2015–16 school year
For questions, please contact Amanda Hughens at 602-639-8293 or email@example.com.
Grand Canyon University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. (800-621-7440; http://hlcommission.org/)
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.gcu.edu/disclosures. Please note, not all GCU programs are available in all states and in all learning modalities. Program availability is contingent on student enrollment.