Benefits for PLLS Member Schools
Members in the Participants in Learning, Leading and Serving (PLLS) Program will benefit in the following ways:
- Degree Discount for Staff. Exclusive 10 percent degree discount for PLLS faculty and staff on tuition for undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree programs at Grand Canyon University.*
- Continuing Education/Single Course Discount. Individual courses from GCU's degree programs, along with a portfolio of six-week online continuing education classes, are offered at a 10 percent discount to PLLS staff.*
- Degree Discount for Spouses. PLLS members will have access to an exclusive five percent degree discount for spouses of their staff, providing savings toward tuition and fees for online undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree programs at GCU.*
- Cohorts. PLLS members may request that cohorts be developed for continuing education, individual courses and/or degree programs on GCU's campus, online or at an approved PLLS site or regionally approved GCU site.
- Dual Enrollment. PLLS members will have access to dual enrollment courses for their high school students, offering them an opportunity to reduce the time to complete a bachelor's degree from four years to three. This could reduce college costs by up to 25 percent.
- Educational Development and Support (EDS). PLLS members will receive access to GCU's Educational Development and Support (EDS) services. Available EDS opportunities include: Speakers Bureau (motivational speaking and lectures), Professional Development (instruction based on specific subject matter and customized to address specific needs), and Coaching, Mentoring and Consultation (individualized assistance in areas requested).
- Student Teaching/Practicum Priority Placement. PLLS members requesting student teaching/practicum placements of GCU teacher candidates receive priority.
- Event Discounts. PLLS members will receive priority communication about events on GCU's campus, including discounted ticket opportunities.
- GCU Facilities. PLLS members will receive priority access to GCU facilities, subject to availability. If there is a charge for any facility use, PLLS members will receive a significant discount.
- Opportunities for Students. GCU offers a number of opportunities throughout the school year for your students to experience our vibrant campus life. Additionally, GCU staff members are available to visit your campus to share information about college and career readiness.
Grand Canyon University welcomes new members to the PLLS. To learn more, please contact:
Dr. Beverly Hurley
Director of Academic Alliances
Strategic Educational Alliances
Grand Canyon University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. (800-621-7440; http://www.ncahlc.org/).
*The PLLS discount cannot be combined with any other institutional aid offer or discount.