Admission to the Honors Institute
Spring 2015 Honors Institute Applicants
Please contact Breanna Boling at Breanna.Boling@gcu.edu to discuss the program, academic requirements, application process and more!
Fall 2015 Honors Institute Applicants
Please fill out the form below. To be eligible for the Honors Institute, the following materials must be submitted:
- Incoming Freshman
- 3.8 weighted or unweighted GPA, OR 27 composite ACT, OR 1200 math and verbal SAT
- Transfer/Internal Transfers
- 3.5 unweighted GPA
- Submission of an Honors Essay - Essays must be type written and 500 words.
- Resume: Your updated resume to include both employment and community service.
- For transfer or current students, you must verify your Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society Membership.
Direct Enrollment Presidential or Chancellor Scholarship Recipients
Students eligible for the direct enrollment Presidential or Chancellor Academic Scholarship are eligible to waive the honors application and auto-enroll. Not sure if this is you? Contact your GCU Admissions Representative to complete the GCU Admissions Application.
Accepting Your Seat in the Honors Institute
Would you like to accept your seat in the 2015 Honors Institute? Work with your Admissions Representative to set up your student portal and accept your offer today! Contact Breanna.Boling@gcu.edu with your questions.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Are you a graduating senior who is earning an International Baccalaureate Diploma? Once you show proof of your completed IB diploma, you will qualify for the following.
- Auto-Enrollment into the GCU Honors Institute
- The Direct Enrollment Chancellor Academic Scholarship
Deadlines for application process:
- Early Decision Application Deadline: Nov. 2014
- General Admission Deadline: April 2015
- Late Admission Application Deadline (if space is available): Aug. 2015
Please Note: Your application does not guarantee acceptance into the Honors Institute. Only the top 300 applicants will be admitted in order to maintain the optimal student-faculty/mentor ratio. Acceptance into the honors program will be by invitation only, based on a review of student’s application materials by the honors committee. Incomplete applications will not be considered so please be sure to submit all required materials as outlined above.