Transfer and Current Students Application
To apply for admission to the GCU Honors Institute, the following materials must be submitted:
- College transcripts with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Submission of an Honors Essay - Essays must be typed. Click here for details
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Letters should be written on behalf of the applicant from current college professors. Since our honors program focuses on servant leadership along with scholarship, it is strongly recommended that applicants also seek out individuals who can speak to community service, employment and leadership. Letters of recommendation are most helpful when they provide new, insightful perspectives regarding the applicant's accomplishments and appropriateness for the program that is not always obvious in the application.
- Resume - Your updated resume to include both employment and community service.
- Submit any additional materials/work products/documentation which allows us to learn more about you as an individual or candidate for this program.
Please Note: Your application does not guarantee acceptance into the Honors Institute. Only the top 300 applicants will be admitted in order to maintain the optimal student-faculty/mentor ratio. Acceptance into the honors program will be by invitation only, based on a review of student’s application materials by the honors committee. Incomplete applications will not be considered so please be sure to submit all required materials as outlined above.