ThinkingStorm Online Tutoring
Grand Canyon University understands that students may need assistance during hours when the Center for Learning and Advancement is not open. During these times, GCU offers students the tutoring services of ThinkingStorm, an external provider who specializes in online tutoring services for students in specific academic areas.
Tutoring takes place via a whiteboard interface with chat functionality. Think of it as a virtual chalkboard on a computer where students and tutors can instantly connect to work out problems, draw diagrams in real-time and discuss concepts.
Students may access ThinkingStorm for free for up to 10 hours per year (Jan. 1-Dec. 31). After utilizing these 10 hours, students may choose to pay for more tutoring, at rates ranging from $12-25 per hour depending on the subject matter.
To access ThinkingStorm, log in to your Student Portal with your GCU student credentials (username and password). Once logged in to the Student Portal, you can access ThinkingStorm by clicking the icon to get a tutor.
Subjects Available through ThinkingStorm
ThinkingStorm Online Tutoring provides live academic tutoring via the internet for the core academic subjects areas of:
- Math - Basic Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Precalculus, Calculus, Basic Statistics and Advanced Statistics.
- Writing - ThinkingStorm offers tutoring support for all levels of writing via its Writing Center. Live tutors are not available for writing, but students are able to submit their written papers for tutors to review. These tutors provide feedback and editing suggestions via email within 48 hours.
- Science - Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Introductory Human A&P.
- Business - Accounting, Finance, Macroeconomics and Microeconomics.
- Software - Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, Light Room, Photoshop and Premiere) and Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
Live tutoring is available daily from 10-4 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. Most topics are available on-demand, while advanced topics such as Business and Advanced Statistics require appointments. The Writing Center is available 24/7 for essay submissions.
Center for Learning and Advancement
All GCU students are encouraged to use the free tutoring resources available through the Center for Learning and Advancement. Tutors are available for students attending classes on our campus, as well as our online students. Book an appointment with a CLA tutor today.