The Lounge Writing Center is a free resource for all Grand Canyon University students in both traditional and nontraditional programs. The Lounge services the needs of each individual student at any academic level, including students from undergraduate, graduate or at the doctoral level. The peer tutors encourage students through the development of thoughtful and effective writing, as well as offer suggestions for continued improvement.
Benefits of Writing Tutoring
All writers-all GCU undergraduate or graduate students-can benefit from visiting the Lounge Writing Center to:
- Identify, brainstorm and research your areas of the topic
- Organize and structure a paper; Plan and organize the assignment
- Research academically credible resources and cite them appropriately
- Draft, brainstorm and go over important grammar points
- Learn how to use the turn it in resource
Schedule a Writing Tutor
Appointments can be scheduled online.
The Lounge Writing Center encourages students to make an appointment 3-7 days before an assignment due date. Although we also suggest 2-3 sessions a week, students may receive two 30-minute appointments of free writing tutoring per day, and can schedule every day for up to two weeks in advance and based on tutor availability.
Online Writing Tutoring
Need help with writing but can't get to campus? Online tutoring is accessible anywhere you have an Internet connection. To schedule an online tutoring session simply indicate when reserving your session that you would prefer an online appointment.
Although these links serve as a good starting point for getting extra independent help, any student struggling with course content should always contact their instructor, Student Services Advisor, or book an appointment with the Lounge writing tutor for more guidance.
- APA Online
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- Turabian/Chicago Style
- TurnItIn Plagiarism Detection Services Submit your completed work and it will detect any plagiarism you may have inadvertently committed...remember that GCU has a strict plagiarism policy. Students will be given access information by their course instructor.
- Merriam-Webster Online
- Guide to Grammar and Writing
- Purdue Online Writing Lab
- Colorado State University Writing Lab
For more resources related to the GCU writing style templates, writing an executive summary, creating effective PowerPoints and examples of different writing assignments from the curriculum, please review the Writing Center in your LoudCloud classroom. This can be accessed by clicking the Student Success Center tab in your course.