Q: What Outlook Live Training materials are available?
A: We have a student video tutorial available at by clicking here and live success webinars.
Q: How do I register for the Outlook Live training Webinar?
A: You can register for a session by visiting the Webinar Calendar at: http://www.gcu.edu/Student-Life/Technical-Support/Student-Success-Webinar.php
Q: What are the technical requirements for using Outlook Live?
A: You can access your mailbox through almost any browser. This includes Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Chrome, and other Web browsers on computers that run Apple Macintosh or Microsoft Windows.
Q: How do students access Outlook Live?
A: Students can access Outlook Live by browsing to www.gcu.edu. Click the Current Students Link. Enter the username and password obtained through https://myaccount.gcu.edu to log in to the Student Portal. Once on the Student Portal homepage, click the link for Email in the upper right hand corner or from the Quick Links navigation menu.
Q. How do faculty access Outlook Live?
A. Faculty can access Outlook Live by browsing to http://myfaculty.gcu.edu. Click the 'Faculty Portal' button. Enter the username plus @canyon.com, for example email@example.com and the password obtained through https://accounts.gcu.edu to log in to the Faculty Portal. Once on the Faculty Portal homepage, click the link for Email in the upper right hand corner or from the Quick Links navigation menu.
Q. Can I transfer my appointments from my Hotmail calendar to Outlook Live?
A. Yes, you can transfer appointments and meetings from a Windows Live (or Hotmail) calendar to Outlook or Outlook Web App. If you use both Outlook and Outlook Live, you can export data from your Hotmail calendar, and then import it to Outlook. Because Outlook and Outlook Live are different ways of connecting to the same account, no matter how you access the calendar, you'll see all your appointments and meetings.
Q. How do I export my calendar from Hotmail and import it to Outlook?
A. There are two steps:
Export your calendar data from Hotmail
1. Use your Portal to sign in to your Hotmail account and go to the calendar.
2. In your Hotmail calendar, click 'Share', select your calendar, and then click 'Share this calendar'.
3. Click 'Send people a view-only link to your calendar'.
4. If you haven't yet shared this calendar, click 'Get your calendar links'. In the confirmation dialog box, click 'OK'.
5. Select whether you want event details, click 'ICS:Import into another calendar application', and copy the URL that begins webcal://cid... by selecting it using CTRL+A and pressing CTRL+C to copy it.
6. Click 'OK'.
7. Paste this URL into your Internet browser. Change webcal to http.
8. In the 'File Download' dialog box, click 'Save', and save the calendar to a temporary location on your computer.
Import the saved ICS file into Outlook
1. Start the Import and Export wizard by doing the following:
o In Outlook 2010, on the 'File' menu, click 'Open', and then click 'Import'.
o In Outlook 2007, on the 'File' menu, click 'Import and Export'.
2. In the Import and Export wizard, select 'Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs)', and then click 'Next'.
3. Select the ICS file you saved, click 'Open', and then click 'OK'.
4. All your calendar data is imported into Outlook, and is also available when you use Outlook Web App.
Q. Can I automatically forward all my messages to another email account?
A. Yes, you may want to automatically forward all your messages to another email account to check more frequently.
1. After you sign in to Outlook Live, click 'Options > Create an Inbox Rule'.
2. On the 'Inbox Rules' tab, click 'New'.
3. Under 'When the message arrives', select 'Apply to all messages'.
4. Under 'Do the following' select 'Redirect the message to'.
5. Select the address you want your mail sent to by double-clicking on it in the address book view. If the address you want to redirect to doesn't appear, you can enter the email address in the 'To' field.
6. Click 'OK' to save your selections and return to the new rule window.
7. Click 'Save' to save your rule and return to the 'Inbox Rules' tab.
Q. What if I delete an item from my Inbox by mistake?
A. When you delete a message it is moved to you Deleted Items folder. You can move the item back to your Inbox folder.