Students who live off-campus enjoy all the features and benefits of those who live in student housing. Our vibrant student community can take advantage of any number of services and activities on campus:
- Our state-of-the-art Recreation Center complete with a full suite of fitness equipment and a variety of fitness classes suited for a range of skill and fitness levels.
- A 6-lane bowling alley and lounge area on the lower level of Thunder Alley.
- An Olympic-sized swimming pool with two spas.
- A variety of clubs and student organizations.
- A wide range of intramural sports ranging from flag football to ultimate Frisbee and a favorite in many neighborhoods, broomball.
- An array of student only events ranging from a relaxing movie-night on the lawn to heart pounding athletic competitions or even our own outrageous root-beer kegger parties. There is always something exciting happening on campus.
Grand Canyon University is pleased to offer a lounge reserved for our off-campus students to relax between classes offering:
- Free Lockers (First come first serve. Sign up in Student Life)
- Free Commuter Lunches (Check Semester Calendar)
For information about services available to students including parking, events and disciplinary guidelines please refer to the Student Handbook.
Trip Reduction Program
To make commuting less stressful and more convenient for you, Grand Canyon University offers a number of commuter-related incentives and subsidies for employees and students* who live off-campus.
- Monthly prize drawings for prizes valued at $20.
- New alternative mode users or those that move closer to GCU are eligible to receive a one-time prize valued at $20 upon registration.
- Guaranteed Emergency Ride Home program. Contact Human Resources or Public Safety.
- Zip code matching is available to help you find a carpool partner. Contact Valley Metro RideShare at 602.262.RIDE (7433) or email Rideshareinfo@valleymetro.org.
- For bus route information, call Valley Metro Transit Information at 602.253.5000 or log onto http://www.ValleyMetro.org.
*On-line students are not eligible
IT'S EASY TO ENTER!
Click here to submit your online entry form!
For more information, contact the GCU Student Transportation Coordinator in Campus Life at 602.639.6892
Thank you for doing your part to help clean the Valley's air!