Options for Financing your Education

Financing your Education

Are you interested in Grand Canyon University? There are 4 options for financing:

Option 1 Cash

There are many methods of payment that fall under the category of CASH:


For the protection of Grand Canyon University employees and students, cash payments are only accepted at the Advisement Center.


The University accepts personal checks, traveler's checks, bank/money orders and cashier's checks. When mailing any form of check, it is necessary to note the student's name and student ID number for accurate posting.

Returned Check:

A service fee is charged for each check returned by a bank for any reason. The University may refuse future payments by check for individuals whose payment is returned by a bank.

Credit Card:

The University accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. All credit card payments are subject to authorization by the issuing bank. If authorization is denied, payment cannot be processed. Credit card payments can be made online via your Student Portal.

Payment Plan:

Students who wish to set up payment plans should contact their Finance Counselor


GCU offers a tuition discount to active duty, retired, military spouses and veteran military equaling $250 per credit hour for online undergraduate students and $350 per credit hour for online graduate students. There are several VA educational benefits a student may utilize at GCU such as the Montgomery or Post 911 GI Bill, Tuition Assistance (Top-Up), Tutorial Assistance, and Vocational Rehabilitation. For additional information, Call 800.800.9776 and ask for a Military Enrollment counselor.

Grand Canyon University is approved for the education and training of veterans. Learn more about the Military Benefits and Programs. 

Grand Canyon University is approved for the education and training of veterans.

Tuition Reimbursement

When employers offer tuition reimbursement, students are still liable for payment of tuition to the University. The reimbursement relationship is between students and their employers, NOT between the school and the employers. Students expecting reimbursement from their employers will be marked as a CASH paying student with tuition reimbursement. It is vital that you report to your Finance Counselor the estimated amount of tuition reimbursement you will be receiving as this must be included in determining your Title IV financial aid awards.

Option 2 Direct Bill

Students may have employers offering to pay school tuition directly (this is different than Tuition Reimbursement). In these situations the Employer will create an account with GCU and the Student Accounting office will send a billing statement directly to the Employer. This payment relationship bypasses the students completely; however, students must have their employers complete a Direct Bill Voucher and submit with their application.

Option 3 Financial Aid

There are two types of federal financial aid available to students who meet the eligibility criteria, Self Help Aid and Gift Aid. Self Help Aid consists of low interest loans, guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Education which is available to nearly all students regardless of credit. These loans are available to both undergraduate and graduate level students who are accepted into an eligible program of study and who are enrolled at least half-time. Gift Aid consists of scholarships and grants, such as the federal Pell Grant, that may be awarded to those with financial need. Most grants funds are available only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's or professional degree.

To receive either types of federal financial aid, a student must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application contains built-in edits that prevent costly mistakes and is available at www.fafsa.ed.gov. To ensure the application information is sent to Grand Canyon University, the Title IV School Code of 001074 must be entered on this application. A Personal Identification Number (PIN) will also be assigned during this application process. This PIN will be used throughout the financial aid life cycle of the applicant.

A Student Aid Report (SAR) will be generated from the information entered on the FAFSA and sent to the applicant and Grand Canyon University. Information reported on the SAR should be reviewed and any inaccurate information updated. 

Option 4 Scholarships

There are scholarships available. For information on these opportunities, please contact us to speak with an Enrollment Counselor. 

More Questions? CALL TOLL FREE: 1.800.486.7089 to speak directly with an Enrollment Counselor.

Contact Grand Canyon University today to request more information or apply for admission.