As part of our initiative to academically prepare global citizens, Grand Canyon University (GCU) invites qualified students, who have completed their prior education outside of the U.S., to apply to GCU. When you enroll, you join our community of students who value relevant degree programs that emphasize Christian ethics.
If you have completed secondary school, or if you have attended college, university or technical school outside the U.S. or U.S. protectorate (Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, Northern Marianas Islands and the Federated States of Micronesia), you may be qualified to attend GCU as a student with foreign credentials.
GCU serves thousands of students from numerous countries in a variety of degree programs. To serve them, we have student services advisors dedicated to understanding the needs of students with foreign credentials, as well as pre-established services to ensure that all non-U.S. students' past educational experiences integrate into our academic environment.
- Foreign Credentials Services of America (FCSA) performs professional evaluations to determine if students' educational experience meets GCU's enrollment standards. The evaluation request must originate from GCU.
- Foundation for International Services (FIS) performs evaluation and translation services for students. In order for test results to be accepted as enrollment credentials, the service request must originate from GCU.
- Berlitz Language Evaluation for students who must pass an English as a foreign language test.
- Berlitz courses are available for undergraduate students who need to fulfill lower division credits.
Nursing Program Options for Canadians
Registered nurses living and working in Canada may further their education by earning a nursing degree online. GCU offers a diverse array of nursing programs, including bachelor's, master's and bridge degrees in a variety of specializations.
- Health Care Informatics
- Leadership in Health Care Systems
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Education (Post RN Master)
- Post RN to BScN (Post RN Bachelor)
- Public Health
Nursing Program Requirements for Canadian Students
If you are living in Canada and wish to enter our online nursing program, you must meet the following admission requirements:
- Possess a current unencumbered, unrestricted license as a registered nurse in the Canadian province (excluding Quebec) and employed as an RN.
- Signed a completed application for admissions, enrollment agreement and Canadian RN Verification form. Students are required to have previous coursework and degrees evaluated by a university-approved evaluation service. GCU can also assist in the evaluation process. Please contact an international admissions counselor for more information.
- Non-English credentials are required to be translated by a certified translator at the time of submission.
- Meet International Student Application Procedures, program and prerequisite requirements as stated in the GCU Policy Handbook.
GCU has a dedicated team of university counselors and student services counselors who serve our Canadian students. In addition, GCU has pre-established services with FCSA to perform professional evaluations for students and Berlitz if you require an English as a foreign language exam.
To explore details about admissions requirements, the application process, the cost of your college education at GCU and more, review the University Policy Handbook.