Career Compass, powered by Focus-2, is an online self assessment tool to help you through self discovery, reflection and career exploration. This interactive tool helps to determine your interests, values, preferences, and skills, and provides you with suggested career paths based on your individual results.
The Career Compass assessment is available to all Grand Canyon University students at any time by logging in here.
Career Compass Tutorial
Why Should You Use Career Compass?
- Examine career and educational goals, academic strengths, career planning status, and personal development needs
- Assess Career Readiness measures the following areas:
- Career and Educational Goals
- Academic Strengths
- Career and Educational Accomplishments
- Career Planning Status
- Personal Development Needs
- Assess your interests, values, skills, personality and leisure preferences utilizing following self assessments:
- Work Interest Assessment
- Personality Assessment
- Skills Assessment
- Values Assessment
- Leisure Interest Assessment
- Explore detailed information on 1200+ different careers many with videos
- Narrow down your occupational and educational choices
- Search careers by occupation name or industry area
- Research based assessments: Work Interests (Holland Code), Personality, Skills, Values and Leisure Interests. Assessment results display correlating occupations and supporting majors at your college. Career Compass combines assessment results to narrow and refine students' results.
- Career Planning Readiness: Tools assess students' involvement in activities supporting their career and education decision-making.
- Career Exploration: Our extensive database includes current detailed information on 1200+ different careers many with videos. Students save their preferred majors and careers with their comments. Side by Side comparison of any two occupations and tools to search by occupation name or industry area.
- "What can I do with a major in...?" displays your college's majors. Our Job Board Network allow students to explore jobs in various categories including national, state, military, specialty areas utilizing local and national job banks, newspaper classified ads, and industry specific job openings.
- Dynamic online career portfolio: Student's assessments results, careers and education possibilities with career objectives, educational plans, and personal achievements.
How Long Does It Take?
On average, completing the five assessments under the "Self Assessment" section takes about 20 minutes. Completing your entire profile in Career Compass takes approximately 40 minutes. Career Compass always saves your results so you can always go back into the tool at anytime. You can certainly spend additional time researching different occupational choices.
Once you've completed Career Compass, you'll have lots of information about yourself and potential concentrations and careers, as well as many questions. Come meet with a career counselor to discuss and interpret the results and help guide you towards the next steps. To schedule an appointment, please call 602-639-6606.
With the results of this self-assessment, and a consultation with a career counselor, you will have detailed information about possible options and a good, objective baseline from which to conduct a strategic exploration and search.
Keep in mind that once your plan is created, the next step always includes connecting with people: alumni, faculty, advisers, your parents, friends, and, of course, employers to learn more about various career paths.