Work On Campus

Student Employees

Grand Canyon University offers hundreds of part-time student worker positions, in a wide variety of campus departments each year. Student Worker positions are not guaranteed but Career Services can help you increase your chances of success. Visit our office for assistance with resume preparation, online applications and interview preparation. Check with your Student Services Advisor to determine which positions you are eligible for before applying.

Student Employment Requirements

  • Be enrolled full-time at Grand Canyon University
  • Maintain a 2.00 GPA (3.00 for graduate students) or higher
  • Work a MAXIMUM of 20 hours per week during Fall and Spring terms; 29 hours per week during scheduled breaks which includes summer

How to Apply

  1. Search student worker openings online.
  2. Select open positions for which you're qualified, click "Apply for this Position."
  3. Complete the online application.
  4. You MUST use your email as your login.
  5. You MUST attach a resume (Download a Sample Resume).
  6. "Submit" and keep an eye out for an email verifying your application was received.

What Happens Next

  1. Check back to view status of application(s).
  2. If chosen for an interview, review our interview tips before your appointment.
  3. If chosen for the position, you'll be contacted to submit new hire paperwork, authorize a background check and you will need to present your I9 documents to Career Services with original, unexpired form(s) of identification.
  4. Schedule your start date, attend training and work hard!

Interview Tips

Verify the name of the interviewer,
date, time and location. Ask for
a phone number to call if
anything changes.

Take at least two business cards (Need business cards? Get them for FREE from Career Services!),
two copies of your resume and a copy of your class schedule.

Shake hands firmly, look your interviewer in the eye.

Dress appropriately.

Visit Career Connections
for more helpful tips.

Student employment falls under the Federal Work Study (FWS), Non-Federal Work Study (NFWS) or Community Service Learning Project (CSLP) programs.