Residency is the perfect opportunity to enhance your skills by collaborating with GCU faculty and other doctoral learners. We strategically plan special conferences, elective sessions, as well as professional exchange forums within the residency program to offer you vital resources for your doctoral journey.
In 2015, we are pleased to offer the below residency opportunities. Please contact your Student Services Advisor for more details and to register.
|April 13 - 17, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ|
|May 11 - 15, 2015 in Atlanta, GA|
|June 1 - 5, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ|
|June 15 - 19, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ|
|July 6 - 10, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ|
|July 20 - 24, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ|
|Aug. 3 - 7, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ|
|Nov. 9 - 13, 2015 in Atlanta, GA|
Residency starts at 3 p.m. Monday and ends at noon on Friday. In 2015, Residency will be offered in the following locations:
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
7677 North 16th Street Phoenix, AZ 85020
Embassy Suites Atlanta Airport
4700 Southport Road Atlanta, GA 30337
The 2015 residency fee* is $950 for all sessions.
Your residency tuition and fee includes:
- One-on-one coaching from faculty
- Hotel room for four nights (arrival Monday - departure Friday) Note: GCU will not secure your hotel room unless travel plans are submitted 45 days prior to your Residency date
- Wireless Internet access
- The following meals:
- 4 breakfasts
- 3 lunches
- 2 dinners
- Daily snacks
Your residency tuition and fee does not include:
- Costs associated with traveling to and from the residency location
- Meals not listed above
*Residency is a three-credit course and subject to applicable tuition rates in addition to the residency fee.
- Doctoral learners are required to attend residencies as part of their degree program.
- Those who do not attend Residency during the first 24 credit hours of their program will not be allowed to register for further coursework until the first residency requirement is fulfilled.
- Learners who have not fulfilled their second residency requirement by the completion of 42 credit hours will not be allowed to register for further coursework until the second residency requirement is fulfilled.
- Learners must be in attendance at all sessions from 3 p.m. Monday to noon on Friday to receive residency credit.
- Learners are permitted one spot at residency for the year. Cancelling your registration will result in relinquishing your spot. You will not be guaranteed another spot in a different week.
- All residency requirements must be fulfilled as a graduation requirement.
To help ensure you have a successful residency, we suggest you confirm the following as soon as you are registered to attend:
- Airline reservation: plan travel to accommodate Residency from 3 p.m. Monday to noon on Friday
- Special Note: Submit travel plans on your personal travel webform (given to you upon registration) 45 days before your residency date to complete your registration process
- Tuition (paid in full)
- Food budget (consider expenses while en-route, plus budget for dinners on your own)
- Time off (confirm with workplace/employer)
- Family schedule (confirm support systems are in place during time away from home)
- Residency pre-work completed and deposited in your classroom assignment folder
- Attire: Business casual (no jeans or shorts)
- Layers of clothing: outside/inside temperatures vary
- Remember to pack a laptop, chargers, power cords and electronic version of textbooks
- Communicate any special needs at least a month prior to arrival to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please feel free to email your residency questions to email@example.com or contact your Student Services Advisor