Why Should I be Interested in the Honors College?
Great Opportunities, Even Greater Rewards
The GCU Honors College promotes challenging and enriched learning experiences for academically advanced students. The college is designed to develop honors students into exemplary graduates and influential agents of change who will lead and serve in both the workplace and local and global communities.
The interdisciplinary curriculum unique to the college holistically integrates faith, theory, practice and research. You’ll have the opportunity to take your academic experience to new heights, while exceeding your intellectual and creative boundaries.
Honors students belong to a special group of likeminded peers who share similar interests, aspirations and aptitudes. As part of this close-knit, supportive community, students will experience individualized learning and personal growth, creating a future of leadership and scholarship excellence.
Honors students will also gain the following privileges and benefits.
- A college and curriculum founded on the five core domains of Ethics, Research, Service, Leadership and Cultural Awareness
- One-on-one mentoring with distinguished, honors-dedicated faculty members
- Priority tickets to exclusive speaker events on campus
- Invitations to interdisciplinary symposia seminars
- Honors mission trip and international travel opportunities
- Honors mission trip opportunities
- Honors diploma and designation on transcripts
- Priority consideration for select student-worker campus positions
- Opportunities for internships and community service learning projects
- Honors student organization
- Peer mentorship among honors members
- Honors housing available for freshmen
- Priority registration and housing for continuing honors students
- Various student, spiritual life and exclusive honors social and team-building events. Visit Featured 2015-16 Events and Excursions for the latest events.
Download the 2016 Honors College brochure to use as a resource for more information.
Honors College Goals
The Honors College supports student achievement in servant leadership and scholarship – the overarching goals of this academically elevated community. We encourage our students to achieve the following goals:p>
- Transform academically through a broad exposure to diverse disciplines
- Challenge higher levels of thinking within disciplines
- Acquire Habits of Mind and novel ways of thinking to analyze issues and become agents of change who problem solve and innovate
- Represent the university as an ambassador who displays characteristics of outstanding servant leadership and scholarship