Learning Assistance Resources
|You can book a LEAD two business days after you have logged in to your class. Log in to your Learning Management System classroom today.|
View the TutorTrac to schedule an appointment.
Doctoral Dissertation Resources
Click the button below to view the video to get help on your dissertation!
To Schedule Your Appointment
We have moved to TutorTrac, a new scheduling system that provides students a more expansive method of selecting appointments. View the tutorial on how to schedule an appointment for TutorTrac.
To check your GCU email for confirmation of your appointment, to go microsoftonline and login using your student credentials. All sessions are 30 minutes long and are scheduled for the "Arizona Time Zone". You may book up to two 30-minute sessions per day. Please have the following information available:
- Indicate whether you want an on-campus or an online session.
- Student ID #
- Assignment requirements
- Specific questions related to your content
On-Campus Sessions: The Learning Lounge is located in Building 16. Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment to check-in.
Online Sessions: Log on to your computer, your student portal, and have your email open before the start of your session. The Learning Advocate will call you at the specified time.
The Lounge encourages students to make an appointment 3-7 days before an assignment due date. Students may receive two 30-minute appointments of free academic help three times a week based on LEAD availability.
Preparing For Your Session
- Please have your Lopes ID number ready. You can do this by logging into the GCU student portal. Click on "My Profile", then "My Information", where you will find the school ID number.
- Strive to complete your homework first, then bring specific questions to your session.
- Gather all the materials you will need during your session. Books, notes, links, etc.
- Email homework assignments that you would like to discuss to the LEADs email or the Lounge.
What to Expect During Your Session
When you book a LEAD, you're scheduling an individualized one-on-one learning session to meet with a trained LEAD who will assist you with your studies and coursework. Together, you'll review any challenging subject matters or learning materials. The goal is help you master complex concepts and improve grades - enriching learning experiences as a team.
- If you booked an online meeting, the LEAD will call you.
- LEADS will only call one time for a session, but allow a 5 minute grace period for students to return their phone call.
- Expect the LEAD to ask questions about your homework concepts; this helps to find a starting point.
- LEADs may ask you to read a concept or excerpt aloud since this can help clarify areas of confusion.
- LEADs will not complete the homework questions, but will help you to understand the concepts and principles that help you prepare an answer.
Cancellations / No-Shows
- A student's session must be cancelled up to 4 hours prior to the scheduled session.
- If a student does not show up to the session, or was not available to be reached by telephone or email they will be considered a no-show.
- Students will no longer have access to the Lounge for the duration of that term after 3 no-shows per term.
For online appointments, please call the Learning Lounge at 602-639-8901 if you are not called in the first five minutes of your session. Please contact your Student Services Advisor for specific questions about your individual course or program.
Need a LEAD Today?
Sign up for our online notification process to receive text messages when other students cancel an appointment.
- To Receive notification of open writing session, text "@claf" to 81010.