Music FAQ's

You likely have a number of questions regarding the Music degree programs at Grand Canyon University. The following FAQs should answer many of your questions. Your admissions representative is here to help with any additional questions you may have.


How do I become an instrumental music education major?

Are the Music Major and Pep Band audition requirements the same?

If I am not a music major, can I take classes with the Bands?

What kind of concerts does your department sponsor?

Do I need to be able to play an instrument well to become a music major?

Does the Department of Music offer scholarships?

Do I need to audition to become a music student?

How do I find out about future COFAP performances?

Who are the applied instructors in the Department of Music?

Now that I have been accepted to Grand Canyon University and the College of Fine Arts and Productions, how do I register for fall classes?

When will I audition for the various Band ensembles?