Undergraduate Admission RequirementsFull-Time Students Attending the GCU Campus
Applicants interested in attending school full-time at Grand Canyon University's main campus must meet one of the criteria specified below:
- High School Transcripts - Incoming freshman applicants are required to submit official high school transcripts with a cumulative, unweighted grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above.
- College Entrance Exam - If students cannot meet the GPA requirement, they may still be eligible for admission by meeting the following scores on either college entrance exam:
- ACT: 19 (GCU reporting code: 0092)
- SAT: 920 (GCU reporting code: 4331)
ACT or SAT scores may be used for academic merit award consideration.
Applicants holding their GED should refer to the University Policy Handbook for separate requirements.
Transferring from Another College, University or Program
Applicants with 25 or more transferable credits from an accredited, GCU-approved college, university or program may be accepted to the university if they have an unweighted GPA of 2.25 or above. For more information about our transfer policies, visit GCU's online Transfer Center.
Second Bachelor's Degree
Applicants who have already earned a bachelor's degree from GCU or another institution but are interested in pursuing a second bachelor's degree may be accepted to the university if they meet the minimum admission standard of an unweighted GPA of 2.0 or above.
Traditional campus students who have not met the appropriate competencies for Mathematics and/or English are required to take MAT-110 and/or UNV-100. Students wishing to waive these pre-requisite courses must meet certain standards as set in the University Policy Handbook.
Select Program Requirements
The university does not necessarily guarantee admission to some programs of study for which the standards are more rigorous. To learn more about these higher admissions requirements, please review specific additional programmatic requirements as set in the University Policy Handbook.
- Complete the FREE GCU online application.
- If attending the GCU main campus, consider having your ACT or SAT scores sent directly to GCU. ACT or SAT scores may be used for academic merit award consideration.
GCU's college testing codes are: (ACT: 009200) (SAT: 4331)
- Request transcripts from each educational institution attended. Official transcripts may be mailed or faxed directly to the university or carried by hand by the applicant.
- If you are seeking financial aid, please visit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid website for more information.