The Grand Canyon University Transfer Center is a hub for students transferring to GCU. Whether you attended a community college or a university, we are here to assist you in evaluating and anticipating your transfer opportunities and needs.
No Out-of-State Tuition
Interested in transferring colleges? Whether you are an out-of-state student or an international student, GCU tuition is the same. This helps to keep education costs affordable for all students so that you can focus on earning your degree.
GCU proudly serves servicemen and servicewomen as a military-friendly university. As a service member or veteran, your training and experience may transfer into college credits at GCU. Learn more about your opportunities to pursue your degree.
Grand Canyon University Transfer Guide from a Maricopa Community College
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) students can easily transfer college credits toward a bachelor's degree at GCU. Whether you take a few classes to brush up on some skills or you complete an associate degree, you will find that many of the credits you earn at a Maricopa Community College will transfer to GCU.
Use the GCU transfer guides below to review course equivalency guides and applicable associate degrees when transferring colleges to GCU. Contact your transfer specialist to learn more.
Maricopa County Community Colleges work in conjunction with Arizona's universities through the Reverse Transfer initiative. This initiative provides students with the opportunity to utilize credits completed at the university to meet the requirements of an Associate level degree. This milestone can aid students in their career paths and provide them with the continued motivation needed as they work toward their baccalaureate degree. Apply for a reverse transfer by filling out the application form.
GCU Transfer Guides
If you are earning a degree from a Maricopa Community College, you may be able to seamlessly transition into a four-year program at GCU. Our guides outline the preferred courses that will be applicable towards a bachelor's degree from GCU.
Associate in Arts to Bachelor of Arts
- BA in Advertising and Graphic Design
- BA in Christian Studies
- BA in Christian Studies with an Emphasis in Philosophy
- BA in Communication
- BA in Digital Design with an Emphasis in Animation
- BA in Digital Design with an Emphasis in Web Design
- BA in Digital Film with an Emphasis in Production
- BA in English with an Emphasis in Professional Writing
- BA in Digital Film with an Emphasis in Screenwriting
- BA in English with an Emphasis in Legal Studies
- BA in Government with an Emphasis in State and Public Policy
- BA in History
- BA in History with an Emphasis in Public History
- BA in Spanish
- BA in Theatre and Drama
- BA in Theatre Education
Associate in Arts to Bachelor of Science
- BS in Accounting
- BS in Applied Business Analytics
- BS in Applied Business Information Systems
- BS in Applied Business Management
- BS in Behavioral Health Science
- BS in Behavioral Health Science with an Emphasis in Childhood Adolescence Disorders
- BS in Behavioral Health Science with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- BS in Behavioral Health Science with an Emphasis in Trauma
- BS in Business Administration
- BS in Business Analytics
- BS in Business Information Systems
- BS in Business Management
- BS in Cybersecurity
- BS in Educational Studies
- BS in Elementary Education
- BS in Entrepreneurial Studies
- BS in Finance and Economics
- BS in Health Care Administration
- BS in Health Science in Professional Development and Advanced Patient Care
- BS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- BS in Hospitality Management
- BS in Information Technology with an Emphasis in Cybersecurity
- BS in Information Technology
- BS in Justice Studies
- BS in Marketing and Advertising
- BS in Nutritional Sciences
- BS in Psychology
- BS in Psychology with an Emphasis in Sports Psychology
- BS in Sociology
- BS in Sociology with an Emphasis in Social Work
- BS in Sports Management
- BS in Supply Chain and Logistics Management
Interested in transferring to GCU? We invite you to Discover GCU, where you can visit our campus and learn everything about GCU firsthand. We understand how complex a college transfer can be, which is why we encourage you to attend this unique event. Experience our beautiful campus, supportive community, vibrant student life and quality academics at GCU.
GCU offers generous scholarship opportunities for transfer students, including grants for priority registration and honors students. Find out which scholarships you may qualify for to see how affordable a private Christian education can be.
Lopes Credit Evaluation
The Lopes Credit Evaluation helps you find out exactly how many credits will transfer to GCU for your chosen degree. A Lopes specialist will evaluate your transcripts and help you with the transfer process every step of the way.
Need coursework to transfer to another university or complete a degree? Need to satisfy prerequisite requirements? Individual courses give you an opportunity to earn college credit to complete a program or study a specific content area.
GCU will review courses completed at another community college or university, and credit earned at these institutions may be applied to a degree program offered at GCU based on our transfer policies.
The GCU Transfer Center has formed Articulation Agreements with a number of institutions, matching the coursework to maximize the use of resources, minimize duplicate coursework and help you make a smooth transition when transferring colleges to GCU. Below is a list of schools with which we currently have Articulation Agreements.
If you are currently or planning on attending one of these institutions, please work directly with your university counselor, who will guide you into the correct program at GCU.
GCU will still evaluate and award credit for institutions not listed below based on our transfer policies. You can have your unofficial transcript evaluated and, in as few as 24 hours, a university counselor will contact you with an estimated number of credits earned, an anticipated graduation date and preliminary schedule.
California Community Colleges
California community college students can easily transfer credits toward a bachelor's degree. Grand Canyon University accepts courses that are part of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) to fulfill GCU general education requirements per transfer policies.
American River College
Antelope Valley College
Barstow Community College
Calvary Chapel Bible College
Calvary Chapel University
College of the Redwoods
Copper Mountain Community College
Crafton Hills College
Folsom Lake College
Glendale Community College
Lake Tahoe Community College
Los Angeles City College
Los Angeles Pierce College
Mt. San Jacinto
Palo Verde College
San Diego City College
San Joaquin Valley College - Visalia
San Jose City College
Santiago Canyon College
Victor Valley College
- Blackhawk Technical College
- Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Fox Valley Technical College
- Gateway Technical College
- Lakeshore Technical College
- Madison Area Technical College
- Mid-State Technical College
- Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Moraine Park Technical College
- Nicolet Area Technical College
- Northcentral Technical College
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- Southwest Wisconsin Technical College
- Waukesha County Technical College
- Western Technical College