William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program
There are two types of Federal Stafford Direct loans, Subsidized and Unsubsidized. Both loan types are originated and guaranteed directly by the U.S. Department of Education.
Complete the following steps to apply for a "Federal Stafford Direct Loan".
All new students at Grand Canyon University are required to complete an entrance counseling session before loan funds can be disbursed. Access the following Direct Loan site:
- Create your account - you will need your social security number and your Department of Education PIN number. If you do not have a PIN number or have forgotten it, the site will assist you in obtaining/recovering the PIN number. This is the same PIN number used to electronically sign your FAFSA.
- Click on "Complete Entrance Counseling" link under Counseling section
- Select Graduate Student
- Select Arizona, Grand Canyon University for School and Loan information
- Complete the Quiz
Master Promissory Note
- Click on Complete MPN link
- Select the type of loan you are requesting
- Complete the application, selecting Arizona, Grand Canyon University for school information
- Electronically sign the application
Results of both the entrance counseling and master promissory note will be sent directly to Grand Canyon University.