Students looking to become a BSN-prepared nurse can earn up to $17,000 off tuition with the RN to BSN Scholarship.1Get Started
Earn Your RN to BSN Degree in 12 Months:2 Online and Evening
There has never been a better time than now to enroll in an online RN to BSN program. Explore just a few of the many reasons to choose GCU’s accredited RN to BSN degree online and evening program:
- Get Your RN-BSN
Earn your RN to BSN degree from GCU in as little as 12 months.2
- 5-Week Classes
With most classes being five weeks long, this helps you accelerate your degree completion.
- Online Courses
All theory courses are offered online. Practicum hours are required in a clinical setting of your choosing in your local community.
- 90 Credits Transfer
Our free Lopes Credit Evaluation will transfer every credit possible.
- 2.5 Year MSN
Fast-track option can earn you both a BSN and MSN within 30 months.2
If you are a registered nurse with an associate degree or diploma certificate in nursing, Grand Canyon University’s (GCU) Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) online program can prepare you for expanding professional roles in the healthcare system of tomorrow.
Obtaining your RN to BSN degree will position you to broaden your understanding of best practices in nursing, prepare you for graduate study and equip you for leadership positions in which increasing levels of education are expected.
GCU’s RN to BSN online degree program is tailored to meet the needs of the RN adult learner and to maximize the strengths that the working RN already possesses. Our university counselors provide an upfront time to completion, and our net price calculator tools provide you with a general estimation of the cost of attendance.
Gain Valuable Experience for an RN to BSN Degree
In your BSN courses, you will receive instruction from practicing nurses and experts in the field who will share their knowledge and experience in the areas of clinical patient care, healthcare management, professional development in nursing practice and leadership. You will gain valuable experience through hands-on and academic course curriculum that can be directly applied to a nursing job post-graduation.
Why Earn Your RN to BSN Online at GCU?
Explore just a few of the many reasons to choose GCU’s accredited RN to BSN online program:
- Prepare to Lead in Today’s Healthcare Field: Several studies provided by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing have found nurses with a BSN degree are well-prepared to meet today’s healthcare demands. BSN nurses are also prized by many entities for their skills in critical thinking, leadership and case management, and for their ability to practice across a variety of inpatient and outpatient settings.3
- Increase Your Opportunities to Work in Magnet Hospitals: Launched in the 1990’s by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, the Magnet Recognition Program identifies hospitals committed to a higher level of care for both patients and nurses. Many Magnet hospitals seek BSN-prepared nurses to staff a majority of their nursing positions.
According to an article “Top 9 Advantages of a BSN Degree” from Nurse Journal, as a BSN-prepared nurse, you will have:
- Job Opportunities: Of 187,000 nursing jobs posted during a three-month period, nurses with a BSN degree were eligible for 88% of the openings, while nurses with a diploma or associate degree were only eligible for 51% of positions.4
- Career Advancement: The knowledge that you gain in this program will prepare you for positions that include team leader, clinical manager and unit supervisor. More and more clinical nursing positions require a BSN degree. Get ahead of the curve while opening doors to opportunities in different healthcare disciplines.
- Workplace Options: Depending on your area of interest, you will be prepared to work in hospitals, ambulatory care centers, health service organizations or rehabilitative settings. Ultimately, the knowledge you gain in an RN to BSN online degree program will equip you to pursue a career you are passionate about.
GCU is fully accredited from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). For more information on the accreditation of nursing programs and other university licensures, please visit our Nursing Accreditation and Regulations page.
Frequently Asked Questions
1 MOU-RN-BSN Monthly-May2022: This scholarship is only valid for those applicants who submit a complete application for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program beginning in May 2022. If you enroll in the RN to BSN degree program through any of the College of Nursing’s online or evening campus offerings, Grand Canyon University will offer you 30% off per course for your program, reducing the cost to $339.50 per credit. This offer cannot be combined with any other scholarships.
2 Transfer of 90 credits that apply to your degree, and continuous enrollment required
3 Retrieved from American Association of Colleges of Nursing, “The Impact of Education on Nursing Practice,” in April 2019
4 Retrieved from Nurse Journal, “Top 9 Advantages of a BSN Degree,” in March 2021
5 Must transfer 90 semester credits accepted toward the required 120 credits to complete the program in 12 months.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.