GCU just lowered the price of our RN to BSN program by 30% to help make college more affordable
Earn Your RN to BSN Degree in 12 Months1
There has never been a better time than now to enroll in an online RN to BSN program. Explore just a few of the many reasons to choose GCU’s accredited RN to BSN degree online and evening program:
- Get Your RN-BSN
Earn your RN to BSN degree from GCU in as little as 12 months.1
- 5-Week Classes
With most classes being five weeks long, this helps you accelerate your degree completion.
- Online Courses
All theory courses are offered online. Complete required practicum hours in a clinical setting of your choice in your local community.
- 90 Credits Transfer
Our free Lopes Credit Evaluation will transfer all applicable credit.
If you are a registered nurse (RN) with an associate degree or diploma certificate in nursing, Grand Canyon University’s (GCU) Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) online program can prepare you for expanding professional roles in the healthcare system of tomorrow.
Obtaining your RN to BSN degree will position you to broaden your understanding of best practices in nursing, prepare you for graduate study and equip you for leadership positions in which increasing levels of education are expected.
GCU’s RN to BSN online degree program is tailored to meet the needs of the RN adult learner and to maximize the strengths that the working RN already possesses. Our university counselors provide an upfront time to completion, and our net price calculator tools provide you with a general estimation of the cost of attendance.
Gain Valuable Experience for an RN to BSN Degree
In your BSN courses, you will receive instruction from practicing nurses and experts in the field who will share their knowledge and experience in the areas of clinical patient care, healthcare management, professional development in nursing practice and leadership. You will gain valuable experience through hands-on and academic course curriculum that can be directly applied to a nursing job post-graduation.
Why Earn Your RN to BSN Online at GCU?
Explore just a few of the many reasons to choose GCU’s accredited RN to BSN online program2:
- Prepare to Lead in Today’s Healthcare Field: Several studies provided by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing have found nurses with a BSN degree are well-prepared to meet today’s healthcare demands. BSN nurses are also prized by many entities for their skills in critical thinking, leadership and case management and for their ability to practice across a variety of inpatient and outpatient settings.3
- Increase Your Opportunities to Work in Magnet Hospitals: Launched in the 1990s by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, the Magnet Recognition Program identifies hospitals committed to excellence in healthcare for both patients and nurses.4 Many Magnet hospitals seek BSN-prepared nurses to staff a majority of their nursing positions.
Nurses with a BSN apply their advanced knowledge and skills to gain opportunities of career advancement, a variety of workplace options and the chance to grow and develop in a dynamic, rewarding field. This degree is valuable for those seeking:
- Job Opportunities: According to a recent survey by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, 77.4% of employers express a strong preference for BSN program graduates, while 40.6% of hospitals and other healthcare settings are requiring new hires to have a bachelor’s degree in nursing.5
- Career Advancement: The knowledge that you gain in this program will prepare you for positions that include team leader, clinical manager and unit supervisor. More and more clinical nursing positions require a BSN degree. Get ahead of the curve while opening doors to opportunities in nursing.
- Workplace Options: Depending on your area of interest, you will be prepared to work in hospitals, ambulatory care centers, health service organizations or rehabilitative settings. Ultimately, the knowledge you gain in an RN to BSN online degree program will equip you to pursue a career you are passionate about.2
GCU is fully accredited from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). For more information on the accreditation of nursing programs and other university licensures, please visit our Nursing Accreditation and Regulations page.
Frequently Asked Questions
1 Must transfer 90 semester credits accepted toward the required 120 credits to complete the program in 12 months.
2 Take most classes 100% online (clinical, practicum and immersion hours completed locally).
3Retrieved from American Association of Colleges of Nursing, “The Impact of Education on Nursing
Practice,” in April 2019.
4Retrieved from Wolters Kluwer, History of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program, in October 2022.
5Retrieved from American Association of Colleges of Nursing, Employment of New Nurse Graduates and Employer Preferences for Baccalaureate-Prepared Nurses, in October 2022.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.