For the music-minded, GCU encourages both music majors and non-majors to participate in one of its five student bands. Ranging from a chamber music group that performs ragtime classics to the GCU pep band that plays today's pop tunes, there's a band for musicians of all styles.
Instrumental Music Faculty
All incoming students are
required to audition.
*Thundering Heard scholarship is based on the following:
1. Be a student in good standing at Grand Canyon University.
2. Be a registered student of the Thundering Heard Pep Band Course.
3. Maintain a 3.0 grade point average annually.
4. Enroll for Non-Major Private Lessons ($150 per semester)
5. Sign the Thundering Heard Pep Band Contract
6. Commit to the Thundering Heard Pep Band performance and rehearsal schedule
7. GCU scholarships are allowed to be combined up to the following limits:
-President Scholars in campus housing may receive up to $16,500.
-All other scholars in campus housing may receive up to $14,000.
-All other scholars living off campus may receive up to $11,500.
This scholarship offer is valid through 8/2/2013 for 2013 fall semester and 12/6/2013 for 2014 spring semester. To be eligible, students must meet scholarship requirements. GCU reserves the right to decline scholarship awards for any reason. If a student does not meet the minimum renewal criteria, their scholarship will be forfeited. GCU reserves the right to change scholarship awards at any time without notice