Canyon's Donation to Education

Donation to Education Arizona K-12 Private Schools
Donate and Support:
Scholarships for Students

In 2014, you may donate up to $528 (single taxpayer) or $1,056 (married filing jointly) of your tax liability in the form of scholarships. These scholarships can be used by qualified students attending the school(s) you recommend. Put simply, your donation is a dollar-for-dollar tax credit that decreases the amount of actual state taxes owed and doesn't cost you anything!

These donations allow Arizona K-12 students, many whose families would not otherwise be able to afford a private education, to attend the school of their choice. Grand Canyon University works along with a number of these K-12 schools through the Canyon Christian Schools Consortium (CCSC).

How Do I Donate?

1. Payroll Option- Your donation comes from a reduction in your state tax withholdings each pay period. GCU directly submits the donation from your withholdings to School Choice Arizona on your behalf. Simply fill out this Arizona state tax withholding pledge form indicating how much you would like to contribute. Email the completed form to This will not affect your take-home pay.

2. Donate Online - Visit to donate via credit card.

3. Donate by Check - Mail your check along with printed donor card from directly to:
School Choice Arizona, Inc. 
2241 E. Pecos Rd., Suite 3
Chandler, AZ 85225

Notice: A school tuition organization cannot award, restrict, or reserve scholarships only on the basis of a donor's recommendation. A taxpayer may not claim a tax credit if the taxpayer agrees to swap donations with another taxpayer to benefit either taxpayer's own dependent. Any designation of your own dependent as a potential recipient is prohibited. A.R.S. 43-1603(C).
Arizona K-12 Public Schools
Donate & Support:

Extracurricular Activities

Under state law, you may receive a tax credit - a dollar-for-dollar reduction in the amount of actual taxes owed - for up to $400 (married couples filing jointly) or $200 (individuals) when you donate to extracurricular activities at public schools (donations go directly to the school and program you choose). Extracurricular activities are defined as school-sponsored activities that require enrolled students to pay a fee.

Grand Canyon University (GCU) partners with many public school districts and public charter schools in Arizona through Partners in Learning, Leading, and Serving (PLLS) and the Canyon Educational Participant alliance (CEP).

How Do I Donate?

1. Visit the district or charter website for the school you wish to donate to and search for tax credit information. You may be able to donate online, or if that is not an option, download and print the school's extracurricular tax credit form.

2. Follow the online donation process or complete the tax credit form and submit it with your donation to the address indicated. You will receive a receipt verifying your contribution.

3. Claim your tax credit of up to $400. For more information, visit

4. Provide your donation information on the form below.