Fitness & Performance Center
Lopes Fitness Centers
GCU boasts five student recreation center locations to accommodate the fitness needs and goals of our students, faculty and staff.
- Chaparral Fitness Center: Located on the first floor in Chaparral Hall-Bldg. #45. This full-service facility is equipped with treadmills, stationary bikes, strength equipment and free weights.
- Juniper Fitness Center (Sept. 2015): Located on the second floor of Juniper Hall-Bldg. #84. This is the largest of fitness centers on campus. This facility is the new home of aerobics as well as other fitness classes including Zumba, yoga, boot camp and more.
- Papago II Fitness Center: Located on the second floor of Papago II-Bldg. 48. This is the largest of fitness centers on campus. This facility is the new home of aerobics as well as other fitness classes including Zumba, yoga, boot camp and more.
- 27th Avenue members and GCU Hotel Guests: Valuing our employees, this site was built exclusively for our GCU staff members and GCU Hotel Guests. This facility features state of the art workout equipment. Fitness classes are scheduled regularly in the Sanctuary.
Learn about the Lopes Fitness Classes offered at the Lopes Fitness Centers.
Lopes Performance Center
Our beautiful 55,000-square-foot recreation center is the training home to our NCAA Division I student-athletes.
- Three full-size basketball courts are the centerpiece of this multi-purpose facility. Two of the courts are fully accessible to intramural volleyball and basketball teams during the season and available for students, faculty and staff to enjoy while not in use. The third court has been designated as a practice court for the Lopes men's and women's basketball teams.
- The Performance Athletic Center (PAC) on the ground level is used for training student-athletes. The second floor is equipped with additional weights and fitness machines for athletes to access if other teams are training in the PAC.
- On the second floor, the wrestling team takes to the mats in a huge practice area. Also on the second floor, a large studio is home to the university's dance and cheer teams and used by the PAC staff for core and stretching work.