Gap and Transfer Student Scholarships may be available to you if you do not enroll at GCU the semester following your high school graduation or if you are transferring from another university or college to GCU and plan to attend classes on GCU’s main campus as a traditional, undergraduate student.
To apply for a Gap and Transfer Student Scholarship, you must:
- Submit unofficial transcripts for all institutions attended since high school. If you did not attend another college or university, you must provide your high school transcript. SAT and/or ACT test scores can be used to apply for these scholarships if you have a 2.5 or higher unweighted high school GPA. Students who have six or more attempted college credits can use their cumulative college transfer GPA to qualify for academic scholarships.
- Upon completion of final terms at all institutions, provide the official transcripts to GCU. For scholarship adjustment considerations, submit unofficial transcripts, due no later than two weeks prior to the start of the term. All official transcripts are due by day 21 of the semester to lock in your scholarship award.
- Once enrolled as a traditional, undergraduate student and attending classes on GCU’s main campus, you must maintain continuous full-time enrollment at GCU and adhere to the scholarship program requirements for renewal.
Academic Scholarship Renewability
GCU's scholarships are renewable annually. To maintain your current scholarship, you must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) with GCU at the end of each academic year (spring term). To review SAP requirements, please review the University Policy Handbook.
Share your intent to apply to GCU and our admissions team can plan for your arrival. GCU’s Registration Commitment is an opportunity for you to secure a scholarship offer and admission decision for a future semester.
- Locking in GCU’s scholarship offer, aligning with the date of the signed Registration Commitment
- Course advisement to maximize transferability of credits
- Invitations to GCU events so you can experience our community before you officially join the Herd
This option is available to a variety of incoming students including those taking a gap year, those currently enrolled at another school or those planning to attend another school prior to attending GCU.
Fill out the form on this page to speak to a university counselor for more information. We look forward to helping on your journey to become a future Lope!