To be accepted for admission to Grand Canyon University's (GCU) campus or online undergraduate programs, you must submit acceptable high school or college transcripts to meet the admission requirements. An essay is not required for the admission process and applications for admission are free – as well as no enrollment deposit. If you cannot meet the GPA requirements with your transcripts, but have a test score that meets the admission requirements, you will still be eligible for full admission. Explore the admission requirements for undergraduate admissions below for more information. We encourage you to start the admission process alongside your GCU admissions counselor.
High School Students
Direct start applicants interested in attending GCU must meet one of the following requirements:
- High school graduate with an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or above
- Home school transcripts from a state that recognizes home schooling as a valid secondary school option.
- Students who reside in a state without home schooling as a valid secondary school option will be accepted with specifications.
- High school graduate with an unweighted GPA of 2.5 or higher and qualifying college entrance exam score:
- ACT: 19
- SAT (math and reading only) on a 2400 point scale: 1380 (Test date before 3/1/2016) OR on a 1600 point scale: 1000 (Test date after 3/1/2016)
- GED and transcript of all credit-bearing coursework
- 2014 Series and later: Cumulative score of 680 or above
- 2002-2013 Series: Cumulative score of 3000 or above
- 2002 Series and prior: Cumulative score of 258 or above
Transfer students seeking entry into GCU's undergraduate degree programs should meet one of the following admission requirements:
- 25-90 transferrable college credits: Post-secondary (college) transcripts with an unweighted GPA of 2.25 or above
- 6-24 transferrable college credits: Post-secondary (college) transcripts with an unweighted GPA of 2.75 or above
- 1-5 transferrable college credits: See admission requirements for high school students
- Bachelor's degree with an unweighted GPA of 2.0 or above
GCU's University Policy Handbook: Admission Requirements
Admission to Grand Canyon University (GCU) is based on your prior academic achievements. If you are interested in becoming a student at GCU, browse through our entry requirements to see if you qualify for admission. Admission requirements differ for applicants with a GED and those seeking entry into select majors. Refer to the University Policy Handbook for a complete list of admission requirements.
Grand Canyon University's online and evening programs offer the flexibility you need to get ahead, providing a quality education to help you thrive in today's complex world.