International Students at Grand Canyon University

Grand Canyon University (GCU) has grown with Phoenix to become one of the nation's premier private universities. For more than 65 years, GCU has welcomed diverse cultures, encouraging our students to share their unique perspectives so they can evolve into global citizens. Some of our international students' native countries include Australia, China, Denmark, Japan, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom and Vietnam. GCU is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students, under the F-1 Student Visa program.

If you have completed prior education outside of the U.S., learn about your opportunities to study in an online or evening program at GCU.

If you are considering enrolling as a full-time F-1 Visa student at GCU, representatives from our International Student Office and GCU university counselors can guide you through the visa process. Here is some helpful information:  

In order to attend a U.S. school as an international student, you must obtain an F-1 Visa prior to arriving in this country. For more information about applying for a visa, visit the U.S. Department of State website ( Be sure to inform GCU when your visa has arrived.

When you enter this country as an international student, you must have your passport and F-1 Visa (Canadian students excepted). For more information about entering the U.S., visit the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement website (

If you are currently an F-1 student at another U.S. educational institution, GCU university counselors can assist you with the transfer process in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) following your acceptance at GCU.

At GCU, a private education is also an affordable one. We are also pleased to offer affordable housing and meal plans. Learn more about tuition costs and financial aid options for international students. 

Get More Information

Loading Form


GCU Admissions

In addition to a completed application, you will need to include an International Student Sheet, an official document that serves as evidence of English proficiency, educational transcripts and more. If you are a foreign student who would like to enroll at GCU, learn more about our admissions requirements

Health Requirements

GCU requires you to provide verification of two measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) immunizations, or documented evidence of immunization against or immunity to measles, mumps and rubella, before being allowed to register for classes. International students often find it is more convenient and less expensive to have these immunizations before departing for the U.S. We also require you to carry health insurance. If you require healthcare services when you arrive on our campus, our Canyon Health and Wellness Clinic serves GCU students and faculty. 

Scroll back to top