Advance Your Career in Marketing With a Doctorate Degree
Grand Canyon University’s Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) with an Emphasis in Marketing program focuses on integrating the history, philosophy and theories of marketing, assessing the influence of digital technologies, evaluating data-driven marketing management strategies and analyzing the complexities of global marketing. This program utilizes qualitative methodology and prepares students to create and manage data-driven marketing in a variety of industries with the intent to secure competitive advantages.
Choosing to Specialize in a Qualitative DBA With an Emphasis in Marketing
Through GCU’s qualitative DBA with an Emphasis in Marketing online or evening program, students will learn to employ qualitative methodology to design, as well as collect and analyze information in alignment with conducting a scholarly dissertation. Students will do this by creating a sampling plan, designing and field testing research tools, collecting data and conducting a deep analysis of the data using a systematic approach. This differs from GCU’s quantitative DBA with an Emphasis in Marketing, which focuses on examining and analyzing events by interpreting numeric data. Students enrolled in both of these programs are required to draft a written dissertation detailing their findings.
Sharpen Your Market Research Skills and Data-Driven Management
GCU’s DBA with an Emphasis in Marketing program was created by the College of Doctoral Studies to help marketing professionals expand their knowledge and experience, set themselves apart from the competition and further their careers. In this program, students will learn the importance of acquiring and harnessing data and information for decision making throughout the marketing management process. Additionally, they will develop the skills and competencies needed to apply microeconomic principles to the solution of business problems. Other areas explored include components of GCU’s qualitative core research designs, qualitative data collection techniques, the complexity of implementing marketing solutions, the related cultural considerations and more.
Students will take courses including:
- Complexity of marketing
- Data-driven marketing management
- Designing a qualitative study 1
- Economics of business decisions
- Emerging issues in financial management
- Qualitative data analysis, results and findings
- The history and philosophy of marketing
In addition to completing a minimum of 60 credits, students must participate in two or three five-day residency experiences on GCU’s vibrant campus in West Phoenix.
Career Paths for Marketing Doctorates
GCU’s DBA with an Emphasis in Marketing prepares graduates for high-level executive and consulting positions, as well as positions at postsecondary education institutes. Graduates may go on to become:
- Chief executive officers
- Chief innovation officers
- Chief marketing officers
- Market research analysts
- Market research directors
- Marketing professors
- Senior management consultants
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.