Earn Your Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) With an Emphasis in Marketing
Forward-thinking business leaders and executives understand the importance of applying data driven marketing strategies to achieve business growth objectives. Grand Canyon University’s DBA with an Emphasis in Marketing program blends theory with practical application so executives and those in leadership roles can advance their company’s competitive edge in the marketplace.
Offered by the College of Doctoral Studies, the DBA with an Emphasis in Marketing is designed for current and aspiring business leaders within profit and nonprofit industry sectors. It is expected that program applicants hold a master’s degree in business or a related field and have a certain amount of business experience.
Learners benefit from the scaffolded curriculum with its embedded research skills, the integrated dissertation process with systematic feedback and the values-based transparent curriculum. The DBA with an Emphasis in Marketing program features a multi-year programmatic business case to enable learners to apply their current knowledge of business theories within a real-world scenario.
What Is a Quantitative DBA With an Emphasis in Marketing?
In GCU’s quantitative DBA with an Emphasis in Marketing, students will develop expertise in the creation of a sampling plan and the collection of data. Students pursuing this degree will focus on analyzing events by interpreting numeric data, while students pursuing GCU’s qualitative DBA will focus on analyzing events by gaining insight into how and why people think, believe and behave.
Specialize in Consumer Segments, Behaviors and Trends
Doctoral learners will progress through a rigorous curriculum designed to sharpen analytical and reasoning skills. Learners have opportunities to demonstrate progress in academic research, writing and verbal communication. GCU’s DBA with an Emphasis in Marketing online program affords working professionals the flexibility to learn from anywhere at any time. Using GCU’s intuitive learning portal, learners will engage in intellectually stimulating exchanges with instructors and peers who bring a diversity of perspectives to the digital classroom.
In courses such as approaches to research design and data analysis, consumer behaviors in global marketing and data-driven marketing management, learners will acquire the following core competencies:
- Analyze the complexities of a global integrated enterprise, propose methods to expand business perspective beyond profit and incorporate ethical considerations when evaluating complex business decisions
- Critically appraise and synthesize existing research
- Analyze and apply sound research principles in the design of ethical original and independent research
- Acquire and harness data and information for decision making throughout the marketing management process
- Evaluate the implementation of marketing solutions and the related cultural considerations with an eye toward competitive advantage
The dissertation process is integrated in the curriculum from the beginning. Additionally, DBA learners are expected to participate in two or three five-day residency experiences. These are conducted on GCU’s vibrant campus to allow learners to benefit from networking opportunities, peer feedback and intensive mentorship from faculty members. During the first residency, learners acquire advanced skills in academic research that will provide the framework for their dissertation work. During the second residency, learners are expected to present their scholarly work and to be making progress on their dissertation.
Prepare for an Executive-Level Career in Business or Higher Education
GCU’s quantitative DBA with an Emphasis in Marketing degree is the pinnacle of academic achievement for business leaders. With a DBA in marketing, graduates are prepared to pursue high-level executive and consulting positions. Some roles that may be related to this degree may include the following:
- Chief executive officer
- Chief marketing officer
- Market research director
- Chief innovation officer
- Senior management consultant
Graduates who possess a DBA may also decide to pursue positions at postsecondary education institutes. There, they may advance the overall knowledge of the field while instructing the next generation of business leaders.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.