Career Services at Grand Canyon University (GCU) is part of the Academic and Career Excellence (ACE) Centers. We can provide you with resources, professional knowledge and support to help you transition from academics into a career you may find rewarding.
Career services resources:
- Explore college majors and career options
- Learn best practices on effective resumes, cover letters and job search techniques
- Polish interviewing skills via coaching and mock interview practice
- Refine your networking skills and learn how to utilize professional sites
- Identify job opportunities (student worker, internship and off-campus)
- Attend on campus or virtual career fairs and professional development events to engage directly with industry representatives
We also offer several career-building tools to help you discover potential career paths, build a resume, search for employment and more. Students attending GCU in a traditional, ground modality can walk into any ACE Center on campus to receive assistance. Online students can reach out to CareerServicesOnline@gcu.edu to learn more about available resources.
GCU offers hundreds of part-time student worker positions in a wide variety of campus departments each year. Student worker positions are not guaranteed, but Career Services can help provide you with a variety of resources, such as assistance navigating the Student Employment website, review resumes, coach on interview skills and help manage the organization for your student worker job search. Learn more and apply for student employment positions.
Internship programs offer insightful learning experiences and opportunities for GCU students to network and grow in career development. There are opportunities to work alongside industry professionals, gain practical knowledge and develop marketable skills within your field. Student interns can engage in hands-on experiences they may find valuable to showcase on resumes.
Students can access:
- Programmatic internships aligned with your field of study
- Elective internships shared by the ACE Centers
- Opportunity to enhance classroom learning with hands-on training
Information for Employers
GCU is committed to progressive academic excellence and preparing our students for industry after graduation. Career Services has several ways to introduce your organization to our students. Some of these opportunities include:
- GCU Employer Network, Career Connections: Post job opportunities to this complimentary online job and internship board.
- Companies on Campus: Schedule a day to promote your organization and job openings on campus. We will provide you with a table in our Student Union from 11 am to 1 pm with access to our campus students during busy lunch hours.
- Company Spotlight: Career Services can spotlight your organization’s open positions via our Career Connections system, social media and communication campaigns to promote your opportunities while creating brand awareness.
- Networking Events: Attend our various job, internship, practicum or grad fairs at no cost to you. You must have a Career Connections account to participate.
Find out more about these opportunities by visiting gcu.edu/employers.
Career Corner Blog
The Career Corner blog offers insight into important areas of career development. Our blog articles can provide you with information on various jobs, their responsibilities and requirements, helpful tips for securing an internship, and guidance on how you can plan for your career.
Contact the ACE Centers at 602-639-8901 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Grand Canyon University does not guarantee job placement to graduates upon program/course completion or upon graduation.