Career Services at Grand Canyon University (GCU) is part of Academic and Career Excellence (ACE) and provides you with resources, professional knowledge and support to help you successfully transition from academics into a purposeful career and satisfying employment.
Helping Students Find a Purposeful Career
Our career resources include:
- Exploring college majors and career options
- Learning best practices on effective resumes and cover letters
- Polishing interviewing skills
- Refining your networking skills
- Identify job opportunities (student worker, internship and off-campus)
We also offer several career services tools to help you discover potential career paths, build a resume, search for employment and more. One tool that can help our students find the path to their purpose at GCU is our Career Compass. Use access code Purpose.
Whether it's professors who are willing to share their industry experience or other students who are working on super interesting and cool things, I'd say there's a lot of opportunity to make career connections at GCU.
GCU offers hundreds of part-time student worker positions, in a wide variety of campus departments each year. Student worker positions are not guaranteed, but Career Resources can help you increase your chances of success. Learn more and apply for student employment positions.
Internship programs offer insightful learning experiences and opportunities for GCU students to network and grow in career development. You will have the opportunity to work alongside industry professionals, gain practical knowledge and develop real-world marketable skills within your field. Student interns may receive college credit(s) and will engage in valuable hands-on experiences to showcase on resumes.
Students can access:
- Programmatic internships aligned with your field of study
- Elective internships shared by the Academic and Career Excellence Centers (ACE)
- Opportunity to enhance classroom learning with hands-on training
Information for Employers
GCU is committed to progressive academic excellence and preparing our students for industry after graduation. Career Services has several ways to introduce your organization to our students. Some of these opportunities include:
- GCU Employer Network, Career Connections: Post job opportunities to this free online job and internship board.
- Companies on Campus: Schedule a day to promote your organization and job openings on campus. We will provide you with a table in our Student Union from 11 am to 1 pm with access to all of our students during busy lunch hours.
- Company Spotlight: Career Services can spotlight your organization’s open positions via our Career Connections system, social media and communication campaigns to promote your opportunities while creating brand awareness.
- Networking Events: Attend our various job, internship, practicum or grad fairs at no cost to you. You must have a Career Connections account to participate.
Find out more about these opportunities by visiting gcu.edu/employers.
Grand Canyon University does not guarantee job placement to graduates upon program/course completion or upon graduation.