Kaitlyn Terrey is a designer, explorer of the world, relentless optimist, pun-generating machine and fan of the finer things in life. She is the most organized spontaneous person you’ll ever meet, and she is serious about good humor. Basically, she is a living, breathing oxymoron. Kaitlyn kind of thought she’d be doing things like saying “ciao” and kissing people she just met on both cheeks at this point in her life, but instead she hammocks on her stomach like an awkward caterpillar, has the freckle pattern of a tortilla and coughs almost every time she laughs. Well, to be fair, sometimes she says chow, but it’s only if she is talking about food. Kaitlyn is a big believer in following one’s dreams and reaching for the stars, as painfully trite as that is. On that topic, she is currently pursuing her lifelong dream of working in animation, by earning her degree in digital design with an emphasis in animation and a minor in film. Also, Jesus is life! Literally. He saved mine and continues to change it everyday.
Hi! I’m Kaitlyn. Where to begin? A few random facts about me?
- I danced all styles of dance for 14 years. Modern, hip hop, ballet, tap and all that jazz. Pun totally intended.
- Sometimes I get the national anthem stuck in my head.
- I have such a horrible memory that sometimes I can’t remember things I just said. I have such a horrible memory.
- My bike’s name is Hot Rhonda.
- I’m a very whimsical person. Maybe that’s not the right word… I mean I act on a whim a lot. Word on the street is that I’ve been known to make omelets at 11 pm and go stargazing on the roof. Not necessarily at the same time.
- I have a heart for adventure and exploration that has gotten me lost or in trouble one too many times. I still haven’t learned my lesson.
I know literally everyone says this in every GCU interview ever, but the community here is pretty unbeatable. You can walk out your front door and see 72 people you know… and make four new friends on your walk to class. Seriously though, I’ve made friends here to last a lifetime.
Also, all my classes and professors rock! I pick up new book and street smarts everyday that’ll help me navigate life after college.
At the risk of sounding cliché, be yourself! If yourself wants to wear a cape and thigh high socks and power walk down Lopes Way singing “Take On Me” in falsetto, then do it and don’t look back. Who cares what people think? You were created to be you and no one else, so don’t let anyone else’s opinions get in the way of that. If an opportunity for adventure presents itself, then take it. If it doesn’t present itself, make your own opportunity! Live life with both eyes open, so when an inevitable wake up call hits, you’ll already be alert. Take that, rude awakenings!