The world will always be in need of effective leaders. Grand Canyon University’s PhD in General Psychology and EdD in organizational Leadership both offer rigorous a rigorous curriculum to build the skills and experience needed to pursue a career as a leader in your field.
Learners enrolled in the campus or online courses at Grand Canyon University will benefit from a committed community of expert faculty, important research resources and opportunities to make professional connections. Most programs also include two four-day residencies that allow for deep reflection and effective collaboration with peers and faculty.
Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership
Learners enrolled in The EdD in Organizational Leadership will study culture, change, strategy and diversity within organizations. The choice between seven emphases shapes the unique experience of every graduate.
- Christian Ministry: This emphasis is for church leaders hoping to improve their leadership. A balanced curriculum will guide learners through ethical leadership, social responsibility and other important topics.
- Health Care Administration: Graduates will prepare for a career in medical administration while developing a strong understanding of ethical research practices and leadership in the healthcare industry.
- Behavioral Health: Licensed and working behavioral health professionals enrolled in this program will gain an important understanding of theories and ethical practices in the field.
- Higher Education Leadership: Leaders in postsecondary teaching or administrative roles will learn to navigate complex problems with an understanding of the strategic planning and leadership.
- K-12 Leadership: Graduates will be prepared to navigate k-12 instruction after working through a curriculum focused on strategic planning and development, leadership behaviors and other relevant subjects.
- Emphasis in Organizational Development: Graduates of this program will learn to apply leadership theories and practices to help improve organizational cultures.
Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology
The PhD in General Psychology program explores current research about human behavior and prepares learners to apply their knowledge to teach and conduct research in business, government and education. Doctoral learners enrolled in the College of Doctoral Studies can choose from four emphases.
- Cognition and Instruction: Learners in this program are prepared to work in adult education by studying social cognition and applying cognitive psychology to instruction.
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology: This program centers on organizational psychology as applied in the workplace. Learners study improvement of organizational relationships, culture and performance.
- Integrating Technology, Learning and Psychology: Graduates will learn to integrate technology, learning and psychology in educational environments.
- Performance Psychology: Graduates will interact with research about the role of emotion and motivation in professional performance.
The degree programs at the College of Doctoral Studies begin soon. You can apply to a program today to reserve your seat in the Spring 2020 Cohort today! The EdD Cohort begins on February 20th and the PhD Cohort begins on March 19th. Are weekly evening courses not flexible enough? Our online programs begin on January 23rd and February 20th. To learn more about our programs, visit our website or click on the Request More Information button on this page.