Professional Writing Major, College of Humanities and Social Sciences Posted on April 15, 2019 in [ Psychology & Counseling ]
The Industrial and Organizational Psychology program at GCU is for students who are looking to further advance their knowledge in psychology. In this program, you will be able to gain effective consulting and management strategies to achieve goals within an organization.
In this program you will explore these five core principles:
- Foundational Principles of Psychology: You will be given the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical perspectives and themes in psychology.
- Social Relationships and Multicultural Perspectives Across the Lifespan: This will give you the ability to demonstrate an understanding of sociocultural factors and apply these factors to personal, professional and social contexts.
- Research Methods: You will evaluate and select appropriate research methods, designs and statistics by analyzing the theoretical, ethical and methodological components used in conducting research.
- Professional Skills/Development: You will have the ability to demonstrate the skills to thrive in various psychological professions. You will examine leadership proficiencies, including written and verbal communication, presentation ability and team building.
- Industrial Organizational Psychology: You will learn the techniques for increasing motivation and improving workplace performance, including human behaviors, conflict management strategies and factors contributing to the advancement of an organization’s performance.
The skills above are what you will need to advance your knowledge and skills in psychology and integrate them into your everyday life within any organization.
The core classes of this program include:
- Principles of Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Organizational Behavior and Development
- Strategies for Effective Leadership and Consultation
- Principles of Personnel and Human Resources Management
In this program you will specifically study how people act in the workplace and the reasons behind their actions. As a result of this you will have the skills to predict the behavior of other employees in your workplace. Having this knowledge and these skills will help you to you’re your workplace a more effective working environment.
These are the possible careers you could obtain with a certificate in Industrial and Organizational Psychology:
- Business leadership
Work environment roles with a psychology degree can vary, but no matter what you do, you always have the ability to help others.
To learn more about how Grand Canyon University’s College of Humanities and Social Sciences provides students with ways to bring psychological practices to the workplace, visit our website or click the Request More Information Button on this page.