Monday Morning Chapel: Keeping Your Eyes on God
“Stress is essentially the wear and tear of living,” of Redemption Church said. This morning’s Chapel service might have looked a little different, with the stage set for preparation for the Southwest Gospel Music Festival, but the energy of the students didn’t waiver. Opening with a verse from James 1:2-3, Tom encouraged the audience to keep their eyes on God when going through hard times. Pulling from various pieces of Scripture, he also outlined five things to keep in mind when dealing with stress.
- God is in control: Colossians 1:15-16
- God forgives sin: 1 John 1:9, 1 Corinthians 6:11
- God is our only hope and life is temporary: 2 Corinthians 4:16-18, 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18
- God causes all things to work together for good: Romans 8:28
- God doesn’t change: James 1:17
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author’s and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Grand Canyon University. Any sources cited were accurate as of the publish date.
More About GCU