Prepare for Your MS in Information Technology Management With Bridge Courses
The GCU Bridge Master of Science in Information Technology Management program prepares students with technology-related bachelor’s degrees for graduate work in business-related IT management. Students in the information technology management bridge program learn about leadership skills, business management and deepen their knowledge in technology.
The Benefits of Taking an Information Technology Management Bridge Program
Because bridge coursework does not lead to a degree, the program is short and packed with information. A quick bridge program can help students feel better prepared in their future IT studies.
The following four courses make up the information technology management bridge program:
- Introduction to Computer Science and Information Technology
- Platforms and Network Technologies
- Information Systems Design and Development
- Introduction to Database Structures
Different Types of IT Management
The four courses in this bridge program lead students into the GCU master’s in IT management program. After completion of their MS degree, students are prepared to lead and manage IT programs. Students looking to specialize in this career area will benefit from learning the business and IT skills developed in this IT management bridge program.
With an MS in IT, graduates have many options about what career path to take. They may become:
- Information technology managers
- Information systems managers
- Project managers
- Data processing managers
- Chief information officers
- Chief technology officers
Next Steps with a Master of Science Bridge in Information Technology
The information technology management bridge program prepares graduates to transition into the Master of Science in Information Technology Management program. The bridge program blends strategic management and leadership, information literacy, ethics, technology, and reasoning skills to prepare students for graduate-level IT coursework.
Graduates may also take their advanced IT skills and enter the workforce right away in an IT-related career.
If you plan to join or advance your skills in the growing field of Information Technology Management, the Bridge to MS in Information Technology Management program at GCU can help you do that. You’ll acquire the knowledge and skills needed to lead in this field.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.