Position Yourself for the Potential to Lead by Applying Christian Worldview Studies
The College of Theology at Grand Canyon University offers an Undergraduate Certificate in Christian Worldview Studies for those looking to gain a better understanding of the Christian faith by earning a Christian studies certificate online. This undergraduate certificate program aims to equip you with the knowledge to be able to integrate a Christian vision for the world into your personal and professional life. You will be taught the biblical storyline, an awareness of key figures and themes in the Old and New Testaments, and you will work to gain skills for leading and interacting with others on the basis of a Christian worldview framework.
Earn Your Christian Worldview Studies Certificate Online
While completing your undergraduate certificate, you will be taught about various aspects of a biblical worldview and how it relates to everyday life. You will be taught reasoning related to Christian ethics and a Christian perspective of biblical morality, and will work to develop a capacity to better understand the role of worldviews in shaping values and behavior. At GCU, you have the opportunity to complete your Christian worldview classes online. You will have access to online learning resources to support you as you complete your certificate and can expect the same quality of learning as traditional on-campus programs.
Christian Worldview Course Topics To Expect
In your undergraduate biblical worldview studies classes, course topics will be covered with the goal of providing you with a comprehensive understanding of a Christian worldview, where it comes from, and how you can apply this view in order to serve others faithfully. Course topics include:
- Bible study: You will have the opportunity to conduct and survey the entirety of the bible, emphasizing the biblical narrative, gospel of Jesus Christ and God’s kingdom.
- Christian worldview: You will be taught to analyze and explore the questions that make up a worldview, examine how to answer them through a biblical worldview lens and will work on exploring your own worldview. You can also learn to understand how a worldview can influence perceptions, decision making and everyday life.
- Christian life: You can be provided with a deeper exploration into the Christian worldview. You will discuss the correlations between a Christian life and one’s true identity, meaning, peace and joy. You will also be taught how to authentically follow Jesus through intentional practices and life together in a community. An emphasis is placed on human value, human dignity and ethical reasoning.
- Christianity in modern culture: You will be taught to examine principles and methods for faithfully ministering in a “Late Modern” context in a way that is meaningful to those with diverse backgrounds. You will also have the opportunity to understand the influence of Christianity on culture in the 20th and 21st centuries.
Career Paths With a Certificate in Christian Worldview Studies
With the knowledge you can gain from this program, you may have the ability to teach and guide others to establish and develop their own biblical worldviews, as well as help them understand how to apply their own worldview to modern-day life. You may have the opportunity to lead others in a church organization, teaching them about Scripture interpretation and its relation to a biblical worldview through the role of a religious activities and education director.
Christian Worldview Studies Certificate Program FAQs
If you’re looking to gain a deeper understanding of your faith and Christian ethics through studying the Christian worldview, read through some frequently asked questions to learn more about this undergraduate certificate.
To learn more about how to pursue your calling to lead others in the church by earning a Christian worldview studies certificate online, fill out the form on this page.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.