EdD Organizational Leadership: Research - Graduates of Grand Canyon University’s Doctoral Organizational Leadership Program will advance the study of leadership dynamics that drive the field with an in-depth, researched-based approach to facilitate the leader’s abilities and role as a strategic professional.
- Demonstrate foundational behaviors of a researcher
- Critically appraise existing research.
- Apply Research principles in the design of ethical, original, independent research.
- Design quantitative research.
- Design qualitative research.
- Apply data collection principles.
- Apply data analysis principles.
- Synthesize results to create insightful findings in research or practice.
- Produce scholarly and applied writing.
EdD Organizational Leadership: Leadership Theory and Application - Graduates of Grand Canyon University’s Doctoral Organizational Leadership Program will adopt a philosophy of leadership that allows them to be self-leaders who are then able to apply multiple theories and adapt a range of leadership styles for use in diverse situations.
- Synthesize foundational leadership theories.
- Integrate theories of change.
- Analyze the relationship between the leader and the organizational culture.
- Formulate a personal philosophy of leadership.
- Critique the effectiveness of communication approaches for diverse recipients.
- Integrate global leadership thinking with local management application.
EdD Organizational Leadership: Higher Education Leadership Emphasis -
- Explore the history and politics of higher education.
- Analyze the governance and structure of higher education institutions including both internal and external frameworks and the leadership practices required in these areas.
- Analyze the fiscal management of higher education including fund raising and development practices and the leadership skills necessary to retain fiscal integrity.
- Analyze the development of a comprehensive learning plan in higher education that includes the global development of learners in courses and degree development as well as in the larger element of student life.
Scroll back to top