Discover GCU’s Human Factors Psychology Graduate Certificate Online
Human factors psychology is a specialized subfield that examines the intersection of psychology and technology. Specialists with this interdisciplinary background may focus on workplace safety, product design, human capabilities and human-computer interactions. Earn your Graduate Certificate of Completion in Human Factors Psychology at Grand Canyon University, and prepare to excel in this dynamic specialization.
The human factors certificate is offered online at GCU through the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. Students examine the modern theories and evidence-based research of human factors psychology, as well as its many applications in daily life. The graduate certification program explores the inner workings of the human mind to inform the development of thoughtful products and environments.
Combine Psychology and Technology
The human factors psychology online graduate certificate program is an ideal choice for working professionals who require flexibility as they pursue continuing education options. With GCU’s online learning platform, students can study the coursework from anywhere, while interacting with peers and fully qualified instructors. The online courses are eight weeks in length. A total of 16 credits are required for completion. The human factors certification is also available through conveniently scheduled evening courses on campus.
Students are inspired to employ out-of-the-box thinking as they explore the many ways in which applied psychology can improve human interactions with technology and environments. Human-computer interaction, usability, user experience design and product design are all emphasized in this program. Students also explore the effects of environmental cues, information processing and retention, as well as the cognition, perception and sensation of the brain.
In courses such as Sensation and Perception, Foundations of Human Factors, Software and Cognition, students develop a keen understanding of the following curriculum areas:
- The practical applications of human factors theories and principles
- The use of visual and auditory senses to receive and process information
- The application of a human-centered design approach to support best practices in software evaluation and development
- The theories, research and applications of cognitive psychology as applicable to the human factors specialization
GCU is a private, Christian school. Students are encouraged to consider the curriculum in light of the Christian worldview, ethics and values. GCU seeks to graduate students who are compassionate servant leaders and ethical decision-makers.
Improve Human Experiences with a Graduate Certificate in Human Factors Psychology
As a human factors psychology specialist, you could make a direct impact on the safety of workers and consumers. The graduate-level human factors psychology certification program prepares graduates to excel in this dynamic and growing specialization. Prepare to conduct related research or perform hands-on work in the field. Human factors psychology is a versatile career field with applications across a wide range of settings, including government agencies, research facilities, office settings, all branches of the armed services and private tech companies.
This graduate certificate is an ideal career enhancement for professionals who work in a related field. It does not lead to clinical licensure, although it may serve as a starting point for professionals who are interested in pursuing an advanced degree. GCU offers many master’s degree and doctoral programs in the psychology field.
Program Core Courses
This course is an examination of the practical application of Human Factors theories and principles.
This course is an examination of the human ability to receive and process information through visual and auditory senses.
This course is a practitioner's guide to a human centered design approach to software development and evaluation.
This course is a fundamental examination of cognitive psychology as it applies to human factors.
Pursue a next-generation education with an online degree from Grand Canyon University. Earn your degree with convenience and flexibility with online courses that let you study anytime, anywhere. GCU offers the most experienced leadership in delivering online degree programs. Full-time faculty members and fully trained adjunct instructors, equipped with strong academic backgrounds and practical experience in their fields, support you every step of the way. Designed with the career-oriented professional in mind, our online classes provide an intimate environment that stimulates engaging and challenging discussions. Choose from programs across our distinct colleges, in high-demand employment areas. Classes begin frequently.
Grand Canyon University’s evening programs cater to the demands of working professionals who prefer an in-person learning environment. Our night classes meet just once per week and offer the interaction and discussion of a typical college classroom. Night classes are designed for a specific number of students, providing a warm and nurturing environment that supports an engaging experience. In an evening cohort, you will progress through your degree program with the same career-minded classmates, providing an opportunity to network and forge relationships that go beyond the classroom. Classes begin frequently at various locations, including our main campus.
* Please note that this list may contain programs that are not presently offered as program availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability of the program.
* The Department of Education defines how an institution must calculate a program's On-Time Completion rate for federal disclosure purposes. The On-Time Completion rate is based on a program's published required number of months to complete all degree requirements as provided in the institution's catalog. Completion statistics are updated every January and are based on the cohort of students who started the program in the same year and then graduated within the published program length .Online and Evening program disclosures (0.75 years)
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Program subject to change.