If you’re interested in IT and want to increase your value as an employee, consider pursuing a Graduate Certificate in Information Technology (IT) Management program. In this four-course certificate program, you will gain a quick but comprehensive look into business and leadership skills in the sphere of IT.
This information technology management program is ideal for those already working in the industry who are looking to strengthen their knowledge and gain an academic credit online. Earn your graduate certificate in IT management online from Grand Canyon University (GCU) and explore the variety of career options that will be available to you.
Gain Leadership Skills Needed in the Information Technology Industry
Coursework in the graduate certificate in IT management program includes leadership and management concepts related directly to the technology industry, as well as business process analysis and information security and risk management. During the online certificate program, the faculty are equipped and eager to support student learning in the following courses:
- Innovation in Information Technology and Data Management
- IT Management and Leadership
- Business Process Analysis
- Information Security and Risk Management
Throughout the IT management certificate program online, students will complete courses to learn applicable skills to support their growth as leaders and business professionals in the IT landscape. Some of the skills gained throughout the certificate in IT management include:
- Leveraging IT and data analytics to drive innovation and add value to organizations through addressing business and market needs
- Utilizing data for business decisions
- Developing strategies for leading technology teams and supporting high employee performance
- Defining tools for conflict resolution
- Creating business process maps and workflows
- Evaluating security mechanisms and operational issues related to cybersecurity
Benefits of the IT Management Certificate Program Online at GCU
GCU values not only rigorous programs, and career success and , but personal growth as well. Your IT management certificate at GCU will provide an education that supports effective communication, critical thinking, a Christian worldview, leadership, and global awareness and ethics.
Graduates of the online information technology management certificate program will be equipped with the skills to lead diverse teams of professionals working in collaboration to solve business needs with ethics and integrity. You will also be able to enact organizational change, support effective communication, define business needs and improve processes for increased efficiency.
Graduate Certificate in IT Management FAQs
1 U.S. News Best Jobs Rankings IT Managers in July 2022.
2 The earnings referenced were reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Computer and Information Technology Occupations as of May 2020. Due to COVID-19, data from 2020 may be atypical compared to prior years. The pandemic may also impact the predicted future workforce outcomes indicated by the BLS. BLS calculates the median using salaries of workers from across the country with varying levels of education and experience and does not reflect the earnings of GCU graduates as computer and information technology occupations. It does not reflect workers’ earnings in one city or region of the country. It also does not reflect a typical entry-level salary. The median income is the statistical midpoint for the range of salaries in a specific occupation. It represents what you would earn if you were paid more money than half the workers in an occupation and less than half the workers in an occupation. It may give you a basis to estimate what you might earn at some point if you enter this career. You may also wish to compare median salaries if you are considering more than one career path.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.