Earn a Master’s in Educational Leadership at GCU
A Master of Education (MEd) in Educational Leadership degree from Grand Canyon University prepares graduates for a future in educational administration. This non-licensure program in educational leadership prepares graduates to lead teachers and students at school sites. Entry to the degree program requires proof of teaching experience to ensure that GCU students in the program are continuing their professional development.
Two of the core focuses of the master’s in educational leadership program are learning and practicing the professional and ethical responsibilities of being a school leader. These responsibilities include topics such as:
- School finance
- Education law
- Creating and sustaining positive school cultures
- K-12 legal issues
- Curriculum development
- Professional development
- Empowerment of teachers
- Instructional leadership
To help students excel in these areas, the educational leadership degree coursework focuses on strategic leadership and management. Master’s in educational leadership graduates will learn how to support teachers at school sites by growing their skills and promoting self-efficacy. Graduates will learn how professional development impacts teachers’ capacity and performance and improves school culture.
What Can I Do With a Masters in Educational Leadership Degree?
While this Master of Education in Educational Leadership degree at GCU does not lead to teacher or principal licensure, the coursework does prepare students to lead in educational settings. Some public and private schools do not require licensure for school leaders and the master’s in educational leadership at GCU would qualify graduates to work in those environments.
Because of the leadership and administrative skills learned in the online master’s in educational leadership program, some GCU grads have gone on to work as:
- Preschool and childcare center program administrators
- Elementary and secondary school principals
- postsecondary leaders and teachers
- Distance learning coordinators
- Fitness and wellness coordinators
Your desire to lead teachers and students in educational setting makes you a great potential school administrator. Follow your passion with the Master in Education in Educational Leadership degree program at GCU. Join us today!
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.