Become a Leader in Forensic Science
The Master of Science in Forensic Science degree from Grand Canyon University is designed for both professionals looking to advance their careers in forensic science and those aiming to begin working in forensic science, crime scene processing, law enforcement, medicolegal and criminal professions.
This fully online forensic science degree program offers an advanced study in forensic science, focused on building a solid foundation of practical skills and theoretical knowledge. The MS in Forensic Science could be the next step you need to move your career toward your goals.
Skills You’ll Learn From a Master’s in Forensic Science Degree Online
Throughout the program, learners will develop the advanced skillset necessary for work in the field of forensic science. GCU’s unique forensic science curriculum works with hands-on, in-home laboratory activities to equip graduates for the analysis of various forms of forensic evidence. Coursework will allow students to become knowledgeable across a vast array of forensic competencies, including:
- Data collection and analysis
- Advanced critical thinking
- Integrity and ethical principles in forensics
- Effective courtroom testimony
- Evidence analysis
- Laboratory quality management
- Chain of custody and authoring forensic reports
- Applied forensic statistical analysis
- Instrumental analysis including microscopy, chromatography and spectroscopy
- Forensic toxicology
- DNA and controlled substance analysis
Admission to the program requires a bachelor’s degree and a background in forensic science or a natural science. Specific course requirements include general chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, biology, physiology, physics, genetics and statistics. If you have questions or would like more information on program admission, reach out to a GCU counselor today.
GCU's program also offers graduates an opportunity to study forensic science from the unique Christian worldview. Explore answers to forensic science's ethical and moral questions from a variety of different viewpoints and perspectives, including a biblical one.
Earn Your Master’s in Forensic Science From an Accredited University
Employers are looking to hire qualified candidates who have graduated from high-quality, accredited programs. GCU has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) since 1968 and prepares professionals for the workforce with advanced skills and capabilities.
By earning your MS in Forensic Science degree at GCU, you may be prepared for high-level positions such as:
- Crime scene investigator
- Autopsy assistant
- Medicolegal death investigator
- Forensic scientist
- Forensic laboratory technician
- Forensic section supervisor
- Crime laboratory administrator
Graduates can also pursue further specialization within the forensic science field and pursue important, rewarding careers in:
- Bloodstain pattern analysis
- Forensic pathology
- Medical examination
- Toxicology for the Department of Health
- Analytical chemistry
Spend each day creating a real difference in your community by earning your Master of Science in Forensic Science and advancing your career.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.