What Is a Master’s in Information Technology Degree?
Grand Canyon University’s online Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) program prepares students for a diverse range of advanced positions within the information technology field. The program is designed to provide students with inventive, hands-on technical skills and real-world leadership abilities necessary to lead IT teams to success.
By expanding your knowledge of the latest technology trends, you can prepare yourself for complex, high-level positions within the technology field. The program offers the opportunity to develop advanced proficiencies through hands-on projects, but additionally goes beyond technical knowledge.
What You Will Learn
The Master of Science in Information Technology program allows candidates to develop the abilities necessary to make an impact as a technology leader. Courses cover topics including:
- Professionalism and leadership
- Ethical behavior in information technology
- Information systems management
- Systems development, implementation and maintenance
- Advanced cloud computing
- Effective management techniques
- Inspiring innovation in IT and data management
- Policy management
- Infrastructure design
- High-level cybersecurity methods
- Advanced system analysis and design
- Technical communication
Effective information technology leaders can have an impact on the future of the technology industry. Equip yourself to meet the complex needs of the industry and lead your team into the next generation.
Careers With a Master’s in Information Technology Degree
GCU’s online master’s in information technology degree covers the hard technology competencies required for complex IT work. Project-based courses offer the opportunity to get direct experience with these skills before graduating, preparing graduates to employ their abilities in the real world. These hands-on abilities partner with theoretical knowledge, building a strong foundation upon which you can make an impact on the field of technology.
Graduates of the GCU’s online master’s in information technology program can gain a competitive edge when applying for high-level positions at the leadership, management or even executive levels. Potential job titles include:
- Analytics manager
- Chief information officer (CIO)
- Chief technology officer (CTO)
- Senior computer systems analyst
- Data science manager
- Database administrator
- Information security analyst
- IT project manager
Online Master’s Degrees on Your Schedule
Earning a graduate-level degree is a long-term investment, one which GCU aims to make as convenient as possible. Classes are built to work on your own time, so that it is attainable for working professionals and for those with a busy schedule. Assignments and participation requirements are built to be convenient and completed when you have the time. Online students at GCU engage in the same level of academic rigor as traditional students, resulting in highly equipped IT professionals
Enrolling in GCU’s online Master of Science in Information Technology program can be your first step toward transforming your career into one you find rewarding. To learn more about the program, contact an admissions counselor or apply to GCU today!
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.