What You Need to Know About Parking on Campus
This information pertains to the Grand Canyon University (GCU) main campus, located at 3300 W. Camelback Road. If you are visiting another GCU location, obey the parking signage on our property and on adjacent properties. Students, staff or faculty members may receive citations or be towed at property owners' discretion if they are in violation of posted rules.
All students who bring a car onto campus are required to register their vehicle and secure the appropriate parking permit. For your convenience, parking permits may be purchased online.
Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 Campus Parking Options
The campus parking map provides an easy visual reference to on-campus parking. Each lot is color-coded to easily identify the structure. Purple and red lots are reserved for university guests, faculty, staff or special events. Failure to park in your designated spot will result in a fine or parking boot. Space is limited and parking decals are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
Economy Resident Parking (Free)
Purple Lot - For campus residents only. Secure parking is available for student vehicles near or adjacent to campus. Limited spaces are available.
Grove Garage Resident Parking ($150/Academic Year)
Blue Lot - For Grove residents only. Covered parking is available for student vehicles near Willow, Acacia, Juniper and Ironwood residence halls.
29th Avenue Parking Garage ($150/Academic Year)
Red Lot - For campus residents and commuters only. Covered parking is available on the perimeter of campus.
Halo Parking Garage ($150/Academic Year)
Black Lot - For commuter students and professional students only. Covered parking is available on the perimeter of campus on floors 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Economy Commuter Parking ($5/Academic Year)
Pink Lot - For commuter students only. Secure parking is available for student vehicles near or adjacent to campus until 5 pm on weekdays. After 5 pm, this lot is used for campus events. Limited spaces are available.
If you are a visitor and plan to park on campus at GCU, use the entrance at 33rd Avenue and obtain a temporary parking permit from the public safety officer by showing your valid driver's license. The parking permit should be prominently displayed on your driver's side dashboard. You will be directed to a guest space. Cars that are parked in spaces not reserved for visitors will receive a parking citation.
Vehicles that do not display a current permit or pass may be cited. Vehicles violating time restrictions are subject to penalties, ranging from a citation up to towing and impoundment.
Parking Permit Zones
Find the parking information you need while on campus:
- In the absence of a sign at the entrance to a lot or garage, refer to the parking map to determine parking regulations for that lot. Any modifications to a lot during the academic year will be posted on signs at the entrance to the lot, and the change will be effective immediately.
- Gate security allows all current GCU decals onto campus. It is up to you to park in your designated lot.
- If a parking sign conflicts with the parking map or information on the GCU website, the sign will always supersede.
- All vehicles must be parked within the marked boundaries of one parking space or stall.
- Vehicles in garages or in angled parking on one-way streets must be parked head-in.
- Any area not specifically designated for parking is considered a no-parking zone; vehicles in that area may be cited.
Call 855-GCU-LOPE if you would like to know more about getting a parking permit or parking on campus for an event.